outdoor temperature

Moderator: Mods

Endlessaley

outdoor temperature

Post by Endlessaley »

Hello everyone,

A couple of weeks ago my husband and I moved down from Pennsylvania to Florida. The house we are staying in has a lanai, which is a screen in porch. I placed Dalek's cage in there. He seems to love it. He's practically outside, but with screened protection. I do have a smaller cage inside that for when it gets a bit too cool for him to be outside. I will usually bring him in for the night. But I don't know whether or not I really need to be doing this? How cold is too cold for a ringneck?
rod038

Re: outdoor temperature

Post by rod038 »

They can put up with quite cold temperatures. I am in Australia in a cooler region and mine are outside all year round where temperatures can go from -6c (21f) to 38c (100f). As long as there are no drafts they are very adaptable.
Endlessaley

Re: outdoor temperature

Post by Endlessaley »

that's good to know, I know some birds are sensitive to cold temperature, wasnt sure about ringnecks. He was always indoors until recently. Although its usually pretty warm at night here, it does drop down sometimes. Tonight its dropping into the 30s, so I brought him indoors. Maybe I'll get him used to it gradually.