Vegetables For Alexandrine parrot

Moderator: Mods

APPK1234

Vegetables For Alexandrine parrot

Post by APPK1234 »

Hi, How do you feed Vegetables to your Alexandrine parrot - do you give whole veges, or cut them into small pieces ...?
RicksterBoy

Re: Vegetables For Alexandrine parrot

Post by RicksterBoy »

Hi, I'm extremely new to this, so I hope others respond, but I gave my boy some sliced apple, cut broccoli flowerets and whole grapes. He ate it great. I think they like to pick it up (not too heavy). I hope this helps ~ Jackie
APPK1234

Post by APPK1234 »

RicksterBoy wrote:Hi, I'm extremely new to this, so I hope others respond, but I gave my boy some sliced apple, cut broccoli flowerets and whole grapes. He ate it great. I think they like to pick it up (not too heavy). I hope this helps ~ Jackie
Thanks Jackie. Apple seeds are not to be given as I understand and grapes is to be kept just a couple .
dotfish

Post by dotfish »

My Alex eats Green Chillies(Peppers), Tomatos( he loves them), beans, ladies finger, boiled potato.
APPK1234

Post by APPK1234 »

dotfish wrote:My Alex eats Green Chillies(Peppers), Tomatos( he loves them), beans, ladies finger, boiled potato.
Thanks dotfish this is very nice of you - is tomatoes ok for Birds.
rod038

Post by rod038 »

For Indian Ringnecks which would be similar I give apples and pairs which I cut into eighths. Grapes and Chillies I give whole. Corn on the cob about a quarter.
dotfish

Post by dotfish »

APPK1234 wrote:
dotfish wrote:My Alex eats Green Chillies(Peppers), Tomatos( he loves them), beans, ladies finger, boiled potato.

As far as I know tomatoes are pretty safe and my alex demands it, but I suggest a moderation though, I would like to know from others on this more.
Lucas

Post by Lucas »

i use tomatos in the cake that i bake for my birds,
and... moderation in evrything gives the bird a long and healthy life!
Big varia of things to eat but never a heap of the same kind of food.
Greatings from Flanders, Belgium!!!

Lucas
APPK1234

Post by APPK1234 »

dotfish wrote:
APPK1234 wrote:

As far as I know tomatoes are pretty safe and my alex demands it, but I suggest a moderation though, I would like to know from others on this more.
Thanks dotfish
APPK1234

Post by APPK1234 »

Lucas wrote:i use tomatos in the cake that i bake for my birds,
and... moderation in evrything gives the bird a long and healthy life!
Big varia of things to eat but never a heap of the same kind of food.
Thanks Lucas
APPK1234

Post by APPK1234 »

rod038 wrote:For Indian Ringnecks which would be similar I give apples and pairs which I cut into eighths. Grapes and Chillies I give whole. Corn on the cob about a quarter.
Thanks rod038
julie

Post by julie »

my boy eats everything. I have to pierce the skin of things like apples because he will roll it around and chuck it on the ground if he cant work out that he has to bite it first. I give Mika whole apples because it takes him longer to eat it and keeps him occupied for a bit. They love to chew through things so i give him whole carrots ect. dont give avacado or onion.
APPK1234

Post by APPK1234 »

julie wrote:my boy eats everything. I have to pierce the skin of things like apples because he will roll it around and chuck it on the ground if he cant work out that he has to bite it first. I give Mika whole apples because it takes him longer to eat it and keeps him occupied for a bit. They love to chew through things so i give him whole carrots ect. dont give avacado or onion.
Thank you Julie this was helpful.
Melika

Post by Melika »

dotfish wrote:As far as I know tomatoes are pretty safe and my alex demands it, but I suggest a moderation though, I would like to know from others on this more.
I have seen some concern over the acidity in tomatoes, but that is all as far as the fruit goes. Like everything, like you said, moderation. :)
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay
APPK1234

Post by APPK1234 »

Melika wrote:
dotfish wrote:As far as I know tomatoes are pretty safe and my alex demands it, but I suggest a moderation though, I would like to know from others on this more.
I have seen some concern over the acidity in tomatoes, but that is all as far as the fruit goes. Like everything, like you said, moderation. :)
Thanks Melika