HELP!!!! IRN HAS EATEN INK!!!

Moderator: Mods

Yvette

HELP!!!! IRN HAS EATEN INK!!!

Post by Yvette »

hey guys - I just got home and my partner was not looking after my IRN

I walked through the front door to find my usually green IRN covered from head to toe in felt tip pen ink...

She has stolen a pen and taken the back off it and gotten the ink out and eaten it.... It's all through her mouth.

My partner is in the shower with her now trying to get her clean and get the rest of the ink out of her mouth...

Does anyone know how bad this is?? Will we need to see a vet asap??!??! PLEASE HELP as I do not have the resources available to me (no on cares about birds it's all cats and dogs where i am)

THANKS
Jay2011

Re: HELP!!!! IRN HAS EATEN INK!!!

Post by Jay2011 »

Take her straight to the vet and get her seen do not try deal with it on your own it will not work
Melika

Post by Melika »

Yvette wrote:hey guys - I just got home and my partner was not looking after my IRN

I walked through the front door to find my usually green IRN covered from head to toe in felt tip pen ink...

She has stolen a pen and taken the back off it and gotten the ink out and eaten it.... It's all through her mouth.

My partner is in the shower with her now trying to get her clean and get the rest of the ink out of her mouth...

Does anyone know how bad this is?? Will we need to see a vet asap??!??! PLEASE HELP as I do not have the resources available to me (no on cares about birds it's all cats and dogs where i am)

THANKS

What happened? I hope all turned out well. ^^

I would guess she was simply chewing on it and got the ink all over, I do hope she is alright.
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay
Yvette

Post by Yvette »

hey =D

yeah, she was fine. She looked like batman, but she was fine =) So so so happy... I think the darkness of the ink really scared me.

But she's fine. The avian vet I eventually got on to said that if it's water soluble it SHOULD be ok.... And it was...
(I'm lucky that keekie has showers with me so i took her in there and a lot of ink came off her feathers and feet... So I knew it was water soluble =) Plus, at the end of the night all her poos were black (but still normal birdie type poos) so I knew her digestive system wasn't failing.

She's my lil baby I love her so much!!! She can't fly, but she waddles around the house looking for me sometimes while saying 'hey? Hey!!! What are you doing?!?!?!!'

So so cute.... These are the most gorgeous birds ever