weaning off formula

Moderator: Mods

wibbwebb

weaning off formula

Post by wibbwebb »

Angel is 6 weeks old and has decided he does not want any more formula. How do I feed him? Once the fruits and veggies are mashed and warmed do I try to feed him with my fingers? Help! I am new to all of this.
kaiser&abbey

Re: weaning off formula

Post by kaiser&abbey »

Hi wibbwebb
When I was weaning my alex I had a lot of trouble getting him to eat by himself. I couldnt wean him until over 3 months. I found that bright foods, chopped up really small helped. Millet sprays were great, he would would pick them up and play and chew on them. Just helped him to test new things out.
If hes not eating at all, youll need to keep feeding him with formula. It all takes time and everything is so new to him :)

Hope this helps a bit, good luck!
kaiser&abbey

Post by kaiser&abbey »

Forgot to add, have you been offering him soaked seed?
julie

Post by julie »

He will still need formula, just not as often. When you do give him formula make it a little thicker to keep him going longer. Try putting things like corn kernells and peas ect in a bowl as kaiser&abbey mentioned they play around with it and throw it around ect but they eventually end up eating it. I also put some egg n biscuit mix in . I give mine some heinz baby food from a jar , i heat it to the same temps as the formula and sometimes mix some formula into just to give them a different taste to get used to.