LIVE VEGETATION OR NO?!?!...

Moderator: Mods

JackSKellington77

LIVE VEGETATION OR NO?!?!...

Post by JackSKellington77 »

My husband and I built out IRN a very nice big cage...from the corner to the front it's 3'6" and it's 4'6" tall and 3'6" wide...it's very nice!...my husband and have been trying to find out if we could put live vegetation in his cage like some climbing ivy and or a fruit tree and if so what kind?... Well I hope to hear from someone soon thank you for your time! ~sonya&jack
LiveWire

Re: LIVE VEGETATION OR NO?!?!...

Post by LiveWire »

I know of someone who has mint growing in all his aviaries.

I think citrus trees are alright. We have a flock of wild Indian Ringnecks that like to take bites out of ours now and then.
From what I understand though apple trees and fruit trees that produce fruit with pits are very bad.(plums, nectarines, cherry, etc.)

Double check first but I think Grapevines, blackberries, pomegranate, Citrus trees and fig trees are alright.
Melika

Re: LIVE VEGETATION OR NO?!?!...

Post by Melika »

Well sure, you can put it in... I do think they will simply devoid the plant of all leafy matter and it will die. :?

Growing on the outside of the aviary would probably give the plant a better chance at life.

http://www.parrot-and-conure-world.com/ ... birds.html Safe and Toxic vegetation. :)
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay