Can IRNS from same clutch share same cage without fighting?

Moderator: Mods

Jamiepd

Can IRNS from same clutch share same cage without fighting?

Post by Jamiepd »

I have two From the same clutch that will share a cage, will they fight together when older?
Does it depend on size of cage and how much time they have outside the cage and having toys etc :?:
daniele

Re: Can IRNS from same clutch share same cage without fighti

Post by daniele »

ahh so it's called a clutch! thx! :lol:

I have two from the same clutch living together in one cage. One of them had a rough landing not long ago and hurt himself pretty bad so he was getting nasty whenever the other bird came near him. Completely understandable because he was in pain and didn't want any hass. So if birds are fighting it could be for lots of reasons you just gotta pay attention to what's going on. My two seem to get shirty at bedtime mainly. There's one spot they love to sleep in so I had to turn it into two spots by putting an identical perch in the same place. Not a hard problem to fix really. I anticipate more such problems in the future but if you pay attention and figure out why they're fighting you can usually fix it.

We also make sure that we don't play favourites. If I pat one I pat the other even if they act like they don't want it (they do). :lol:
Glen.D

Post by Glen.D »

I have 3 breeding pairs in one cage 9m x 3m x 3m and they seem fine, when i 1st put them in together i left the breeding boxes out for month or so to let them get use to each other, then when I put the breeding boxes in, they were fine until they started laying one yellow was beat up, but i figure she being out in her place by the male of another pair with eggs (she had no eggs at the time), she has recovered and all seem to get along real well, no more incidents and all have eggs/young.

I think once you introduce them see how well they get one, and especially when mating season starts, thats when they are most aggressive.

Glen
delboy

Post by delboy »

ive got 2 boys did start them in the same cage then noticed figths were getting worse over the weeks. so cum on ere askin same thing mate an decided to split em. but keep next to each other cos i no it sounds bad but theres a pecking order! an out of my 2 boys ronnie runs the roost an reggie always backs down an gives way. so felt i had to split but all birds differ like other members say its all good. its wot suits u an your birds not mine or anyone elses you no yourself if its getting to much in there. but i no if i was locked up in cage with my brother id kill him good luck my freind.
Melika

Post by Melika »

They might be able to, or they might not. And sometimes it's a little of both.

Ours cannot share a cage, Hane is too bossy.
Their three siblings from a later clutch did share a cage for quite a while but as they approached sexual maturity began fighting and the owners finally relented and decided to separate the siblings.
I have seen some people here with IRNs that share cages and seem to be fine. So far in my experience, only bonded pairs do that well and even then sometimes they fight.
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay
PythonzEve

Post by PythonzEve »

I think it's really up to the individuals whether they get a long or not. If I were you I'd keep some sort of back up cage in case they can't stand each other or need a break, or if one gets sick or hurt, etc...

@ Delboy - I love the Aussie accent dripping from your post! Even though it was text I heard it going along in my head and had to smile :wink:
Jessica

If one refuses to learn and maintains a closed mind, one is thus trapped from the procession of life in their own archaic self-imprisonment. -Jessica McNeely

Because my Rice Crispies told me to! -Unknown

delboy

Post by delboy »

PythonzEve wrote:I think it's really up to the individuals whether they get a long or not. If I were you I'd keep some sort of back up cage in case they can't stand each other or need a break, or if one gets sick or hurt, etc...

@ Delboy - I love the Aussie accent dripping from your post! Even though it was text I heard it going along in my head and had to smile :wink:

Sorry me ole mucker im not a pommie im a londoner !!! an do i cum across as a aussie ha ha ole well could be worse !!! throw another shrimp on da BB me ole shelia!!
Lilly

Post by Lilly »

I always get mistaken for an Auzzie,
People find my accent hard to place but it's mainly a London accent wiv a tutch 'o Dutch n Greek thrown in for confusion lol!
PythonzEve

Post by PythonzEve »

Sorry! I guess that's where text has it's limits XoP But I'm still female, which means I love most accents not my own hahaha!!! :D
Jessica

If one refuses to learn and maintains a closed mind, one is thus trapped from the procession of life in their own archaic self-imprisonment. -Jessica McNeely

Because my Rice Crispies told me to! -Unknown