Housing 2 indian ringnecks

Moderator: Mods

RicharddSierraa

Housing 2 indian ringnecks

Post by RicharddSierraa »

I have a female Indian Ringneck age 2 named Jade, 2 days ago I bought a Male IRN age 2 named Sazu.
I decided Id house them together but took high precautions, They started to not mind each other
and went in the cage together, im not sure if they are bonding or not yet, they look like they are very shy of
each other, no fights or arguments between them. But now the problem is that Sazu my new Indian ringneck seems
down or sick? He still comes up to me and goes on my shoulder but will be ruffled sometimes and sleep, Sazu and Jade have
been in the same cage for 2 days now, I dont know if he's sleeping during the day because he's not accomodated yet and doesnt get much sleep at night and just sleeps a bit during the day? I just dont want him being sick and getting Jade sick too, any responses will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
Richard
Attachments
Thats Sazu, He looks greasy, I believe he is molting but are they suppose to have a greasy complexion when they molt?
Thats Sazu, He looks greasy, I believe he is molting but are they suppose to have a greasy complexion when they molt?
ellieelectrons

Re: Housing 2 indian ringnecks

Post by ellieelectrons »

Have you thought about getting him checked out by an avian vet?

In fact, if you're taking him, you might as well get a check up for both of them?

Ellie.
RicharddSierraa

Yes, I am thinking of just taking the newest one because each visit is 100$
ellieelectrons

Post by ellieelectrons »

Yikes! That's very expensive.

Ellie.
RicharddSierraa

Anyone else know anything about IRN'S looking greasy when molting?
Melika

Post by Melika »

Greasy? No... Perhaps he hasn't been grooming himself, which could be an indication of illness along with his inactivity and fluffing.

Do take him to a vet. If he does have something you will want to know if it is communicable since your birds have been spending time with one another.
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay
jeezusbeams

Post by jeezusbeams »

That looks like a tiny cage for two ringnecks. Imo