Is this cage a good investment?

Moderator: Mods

yoshi

Is this cage a good investment?

Post by yoshi »

http://www.birdcages.com/bird-cages/med ... rdcage.cfm

The dimensions are listed on the website. I want to purchase it for my 3 month old IRN. :)

Your opinions are greatly appreciated. I am thinking that it is big enough. We don't have the money to spend 600 bucks on one of the bigger ones.
pinkdevil

Re: Is this cage a good investment?

Post by pinkdevil »

It depends on how long your bird will be spending in the cage for.
Should be ok, better if a larger cage could be found though. :)

Have you tried looking on ebay, a lot of cages on there.
yoshi

Post by yoshi »

pinkdevil wrote:It depends on how long your bird will be spending in the cage for.
Should be ok, better if a larger cage could be found though. :)

Have you tried looking on ebay, a lot of cages on there.

Well, right now he only spends probably 7 hours a day in the cage. If we're home, he's out with us. Are you thinking it's too small for him?
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

I was just looking at the actual cage dimensions of 24L x 22D x 37H inches compared to how long he would be in there for and with room taken up with toys, if any.
But as he will only be spending a small amount of time in it, I think it should be ok.

Besides, he would possibly be sleeping for most of that 7 hours anyway. :lol:
yoshi

Post by yoshi »

pinkdevil wrote:I was just looking at the actual cage dimensions of 24L x 22D x 37H inches compared to how long he would be in there for and with room taken up with toys, if any.
But as he will only be spending a small amount of time in it, I think it should be ok.

Besides, he would possibly be sleeping for most of that 7 hours anyway. :lol:

hahaha... ok ok. So 7 hours of DAYLIGHT time!!! :P Probably more like, 14 hours of 24 hours. :P :P

We're going to keep looking around and we're also going to pray about the decision. I really like that cage but I want to be sure that his cage will be big enough for ANY circumstance that may arise! :)
bec

Post by bec »

important things to look at is it he can manouver around in it wthout tail damage and bar spacing and the bigger the better (especialy if there are going to be toys & branches (for perches & chewing) i did like the locks on that cage thought irns are extremely intelligent bird & find their way out of cages very easily with some of the cages i have i have to padlock the birds in!!!!