I have finally lost my mind

Moderator: Mods

Apple

I have finally lost my mind

Post by Apple »

Hi all

A little time ago I posted a link to my new cage and asked a few questions regarding baths for parrots that you could place in your cage. I have a bath for my bird but its small and will not fit inside her new cage due to its design.

So I began my search for a bath for Sammy, to no avail anyhow I thought okay I will build her one from Perspex it cant be that hard.
I also looked on eBay at bath times and parrots in the shower. I live in a one bedroom flat (apartment) and I only have a bath with no power shower so that was a stopper.

I have built a prototype bath from Perspex around A4 size just to see how difficult it would be and how expensive it would be.
I bought the Perspex from eBay along with some glue and a small submersible pump total cost £20 less than the price of an in cage bath I had been looking at.

My bath is basic well very basic but I thought well why not build a bath with a shower built into it so that’s what I have tried to do. The pump is small and underpowered for what is required so that's fault one discovered: D . The next model will be larger and have more power I would also like to incorporate a switch that Sammy could learn to use in order to operate the pump so she can have a shower or not.

Here are 2 pictures of the bath and two links to you tube quick videos showing it in action.

Url to you tube for videos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXd2FcQdZNc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIBWsRLrCVM

Kind regards
Lee & Sammy
smallworld

Re: I have finally lost my mind

Post by smallworld »

I like the waterfall concept you used, with the water dripping from the top. So did she take a shower in it yet? :D
Apple

Post by Apple »

Yeah she loves it lol did not think she would like the water falling on her but she gets soaked and then comes out and covere's the place in water .

Lee
smallworld

Post by smallworld »

:lol: Thats cool! It must be like a super shower for her, with water from all sides :D
Melika

Post by Melika »

Wow. That looks awesome! Yes, I love that shower idea!
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay
effekt

Post by effekt »

Very cool! What a great idea :)

This reminds me that I need to get my birds comfortable with baths. They dip in their water bowl on their own but I'd like to get them under some running water too.