Bad Breath IRN?

Moderator: Mods

Hermionestwin

Bad Breath IRN?

Post by Hermionestwin »

sounds weird, but my 5mth old female IRN has bad breath it smells like fish almost, i feed her a small amount of seeds then the rest is dried fruit(not treated in sulphur dioxide), fresh fruit(grapes apples beans peas corn sweet potatoe etc) and nuts. yesturday i noticed a weird smell when she was on my shoulder, and she had yawned and it was her..soo what should i do? is this normal
smallworld

Re: Bad Breath IRN?

Post by smallworld »

Well I dont know what the smell of fish could mean. But we had a bird with bad breath and when we took him to the vet, it turned out he had a lung infection. It wasnt something contagious and how he got it, was not clear but the only symptom he had was bad breath.

You might want to get it checked out, if it goes on.
Hermionestwin

Post by Hermionestwin »

thanks, it doesnt smell today, but i am definately keeping track of it
smallworld

Post by smallworld »

No problem, yeah I'd keep an eye out for it and for other signs of sickness, if it does comeback. You know like, ruffled feathers, not really sleeping, or puffed up and just perching, lack of appetite (the amount of food not eaten), unusual stool, moody or other changes in regular behavior. That would help you decide if you need the vet or not, as well.

All the best :)