wholemeal bread

Moderator: Mods

Sash4

wholemeal bread

Post by Sash4 »

Hi just trying out different foods and gave them a few pieces of wholemeal toast, wondered how much of it is enough??
They really enjoyed the few pieces and screamed because i took it off them, as i was concerned on the amount they should have,,any ideas???
smallworld

Re: wholemeal bread

Post by smallworld »

Hey!

i dont give ours more than a pinch or two at a time. I dont really know whats inside wholewheat toast but I read somewhere that the bread has too much salt and something else for birds. Most people bake it themselves without all the bird bad stuff.
Sash4

Post by Sash4 »

Thanks for that,cheers! i looked up that they could have it, but it seemed they like it very much, so i took it of them to double check the info, in which they took a tantrum lol, it was organic wholemeal bread if that makes a difference i aint sure lol...
Lags

Post by Lags »

i feed mt two irn the corners of the crust off my toast, and they insist on having peanut butter on it too! they get very cranky if they don't get their toast when we have our brekky, and even crankier if it doesn't have peanut butter! They make me laugh so much!
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

lol Lags, sounds like they have you wrapped around their little toes. :P
Miss Jojo

Post by Miss Jojo »

Lags wrote:i feed mt two irn the corners of the crust off my toast, and they insist on having peanut butter on it too! they get very cranky if they don't get their toast when we have our brekky, and even crankier if it doesn't have peanut butter! They make me laugh so much!

Hi Lags...my Bluey is also a lover of peanut butter toast crusts! It is hilarious to watch her dance, pace and ring her bell until she gets her brekky!
bec

Post by bec »

my guys love peanut butter toast too
but i use multi grain bread
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

:roll: Ohhh we cannot make toast in this house without the birds *insisting* on having some too. We only eat wholemeal and grain breads here. I only give them a tip of the thumb size portion.. oh and they wont eat toast without peanut butter. :roll:
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
bec

Post by bec »

its not that we spoil our birds.........
its just they have us all extremely well trained lol!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Miss Jojo

Post by Miss Jojo »

How right you are Bec!!!!

The balance of power has certainly shifted in this houshold in the past few months :D :D :D :D