Crusty yellow underbelly

Moderator: Mods

kiwigirl04

Crusty yellow underbelly

Post by kiwigirl04 »

Hope this is in the right place.

Does anyone know what this could be, its on our resure IRN he is 8months old. Its yellow and crusty looking and looks like a scab that i can just pick off (but i wont).

Anyone have ideas, sorry its a bad photo
Attachments
bad photo couldnt hold him on his back much longer
bad photo couldnt hold him on his back much longer
InTheAir

Re: Crusty yellow underbelly

Post by InTheAir »

Gosh that looks horrible! I would take him to an avian vet for a full health check.
kiwigirl04

Post by kiwigirl04 »

InTheAir wrote:Gosh that looks horrible! I would take him to an avian vet for a full health check.
Yup the poor boy was in bad condition when we got him. So unfair.

I have rang vets today but noone can look at him today as they dont deal with birds, so i have salt water him as the vet suggested and will take him to my bird vet on monday which is tomorrow.
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Looks like the residue from a mite infestation, if your bird was itching, it may have been self inflicted skin damage. How did you get on with the vet?
kiwigirl04

Post by kiwigirl04 »

sanjays mummi wrote:Looks like the residue from a mite infestation, if your bird was itching, it may have been self inflicted skin damage. How did you get on with the vet?
Thanks having seen the vet yet, the bird bet is on tomorrow (weds) so he is booked in for that. He isnt itching or anything, but again i dont know what he was doing before we got him. We got him in pretty bad condition (just didnt see this part of him)