feathers from green to white

Moderator: Mods

cpsbirds

feathers from green to white

Post by cpsbirds »

Hi i have an green indian ringneck the age is about 8 months

his feather are like changeing from greeen to white

please can anyone help me???

is it changing the feathers from old to new???

please help me

Thankyou

below are 3 photos of my indian ringneck

please help me

http://postimg.org/gallery/l6pt2ajk/
green.ringneck.uk

Re: feathers from green to white

Post by green.ringneck.uk »

that looks like distress to me does he pluck his feathers ? if so id seek help
InTheAir

Post by InTheAir »

Hi,

I recommend taking him a vet. Try to find an avian vet if you can. It would be a good idea to keep him away from other birds until your vet has confirmed what is wrong with him.
cpsbirds

Post by cpsbirds »

hello everybody just a few minutes ago i just got from the vet and he told that he has is in heavy moulting.he told that when he was younger he go got a small cold while he was moulting

he told to in the morning to spray him water on it because he has some dry skin and in the water that he drink i am puting the vitamins of versele-laga muta-vit moult by oropharma

and he told me to buy the seven seas pure cod liver oil to mix it with his mix seeds

we see hope that will moult faster and properly and the feather will grow faster and beatuful

below are the images of the mutavit and cod liver that i am give hime

thankyou for your help

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=fa4wzp&s=8#.VGZQBjTF-rF
cpsbirds

Post by cpsbirds »

hello good morning

today i mist spray my irn with water that the avian vet had told me
he seems that the new feathers are growing but theya re like stuck on him

below are some photos of him wet

hope that he will grow the new feathers nice and faster

thankyou any help i will apreciate

Postimage.org / gallery - 20141115 083722, 20141115 083738, 20141115 083811, 20141115 083819
InTheAir

Post by InTheAir »

Hi,

I am far from a expert, but I have spoken to a few avian vets and behaviourists about diet. Every one of them recommends a diet of pellets and fresh food, with a little bit of seed as treats for the bird. Seeds are like fast food is for humans.
What country are you in?
Did the vet run any tests on your bird?

Btw I the second link didn't work.
Molossus2

Post by Molossus2 »

Hi ,,
not wanting to be a bearer of bad new...but..
the bird looks far from being in moult. the previous members gave good advice on isolating this bird..it may be infected with PBFD or Polyoma Virus...touch wood that it isnt ..and that I am wrong..
in the event that it is sick then you will compromise the health of all other birds in the vicinity.
the virus mentioned above,passed on from infected birds to babies .. typically feathers fall off around the head neck and tail,, and seem to regrow sparsely and incompletely and then fall off again.
you bird displays advanced symptoms of pbfd..can you take blood samples and have the bird tested for the above virus..and if its positive ..please take a uzi to the breeder for doing this to the poor bird.
cpsbirds

Post by cpsbirds »

@intheair
the avian vet that i took the irn he told me that he need so much seeds because he is to young
i am from malta in europe
no the vet didnt run any test
this is the link of my parrot photos

http://postimg.org/gallery/32f68ndi4/
cpsbirds

Post by cpsbirds »

@Molossus2

yes i will try to take him some blood samples
tomorrow i will call my expert avian vet
cpsbirds

Post by cpsbirds »

hello good morning
i went to the vet and he told me that he has nothing serius
Wessel Gordon

Post by Wessel Gordon »

This is just a hunch but did you change the bird's diet in any way before the vet visits?

I hate to tell you this but you might need a second avian vet's opinion. I have seen quite a few serious molts but nothing near to what your bird is displaying. If you find another avian vet insist on them doing blood-tests for the diseases the other posters mentioned. It just sounds a bit odd that a vet (or a doctor) for that matter will tell a patient there's nothing seriously wrong if the symptoms persist.

I hope your bird is better soon.

Wessel
ringneck
Site Admin

Post by ringneck »

the bird looks far from being in moult. the previous members gave good advice on isolating this bird..it may be infected with PBFD or Polyoma Virus...touch wood that it isnt ..and that I am wrong..
Molossus2 my friend, you took the words right out of my mouth! That bird is not having a normal molt! He needs a vet immeadily. Also, keep him away from all other birds. I'm so sorry, but his feathering is not right. :(

Please keep us updated, okay! ? :(

Best Wishes,

IMRAN-C
cpsbirds

Post by cpsbirds »

hello everybody.i got a vet and he told that the cause of loosing feathers is because of the mites.i dont beleve it because i got another bird in my same room and he is ok.and why not all over it the mites has attached???i dont beleive it that is of problem of mites.
he got him an injection for vitamins,some biotin tablets and spray against the mites.
again i dont beleive it that is the cause of the mites.

i was reading on the web that the necton bio is very good .is it good the necton bio for him to grew the feathers again???

in the past i was give him the oropharma muta-vit

which is the best muta-vit or nekton bio ??????

please help me thankyou
Molossus2

Post by Molossus2 »

thank goodness the vet was able to help. how is the bird progressing.
SkyeBerry

Post by SkyeBerry »

Hi...I have read the above posts and like the other members here, I am very concerned for your bird. Are you able to supply current photos?

It is possible that one bird has mites and not the other depending on the type of mites. Please call your veterinary hospital and ask whoever answers the phone to check your file and see what type of mites the doctors diagnosed if you do not know or remember the type. Then please let us know. Did you tell the vet you had another bird? Did the vet mention anything about separating them? Or doing something special to treat the dishes, cages etc? to check your feed?

You said 'expert avian vet,' is this person a certified avian vet? Someone who has just done birds for a long time? Were any tests done even if it was to look at something under a microscope?

Because your vet gave the bird some injectable vitamins you need to discuss the birds diet if you have not already done so. You also need to speak to the vet prior to giving ANY medications or supplements, including other vitamins, BEFORE you provide anything other than what the vet gave you. You do not want to undo any of the good work the vet has started and you can also give too much of some vitamins and make your bird very sick - toxic - to the point of death. So please, you need to contact the vet hospital. And of course, we would would then like up an update. We really do care about the people and birds that come to the site!
Mary
devilangel09

Post by devilangel09 »

hiya can you take a pic of your birds feed and also do you feed fruit and veg?
the other vet is probably correct with mites so do the treatments as suggested
Molossus2

Post by Molossus2 »

IMO the vet does not know what he is talking about..I wager the 'mite problem" deteriorates..hope to God I am wrong and the lil feller recovers.
SkyeBerry

Post by SkyeBerry »

Molussus 2 - Unfortunately, that is also my concern. I was hoping my questions might help us determine this vets knowledge (no pun intended), as well as, help the owner understand why we thought he needed to see someone else. I wish I knew if we overwhelmed people or if they have a limit to the money they will spend or...?
Mary
Molossus2

Post by Molossus2 »

Mary dont beat yourself trying to figure why people respond in the way they do...I have long concluded that our concern for the well being of birds isnt exactly shared by all.
People want a tablet answer for their pets health issue.
SkyeBerry

Post by SkyeBerry »

Thanks - I have moved on.
Mary