Newbie but an oldy here

Moderator: Mods

CuteP2016

Newbie but an oldy here

Post by CuteP2016 »

Hey there :-) I'm a newbie but oldy here - I was part of the forum back in 2012 when I was breeding but stopped in 2014, now joined again to ask on behalf of a friend for info on colour combinations here :-)

A blue cock (no splits) with a pallid blue hen - would produce all blue chicks, but the males would be split for pallid is that correct or hens?

Then a yhyt split blue cock with a blue split for whwt hen, what would they produce?

(sorry should of said they produced a yhyt chick, and one that appears blue visually - would the blue chick then be split ?)

thank you!
CuteP2016

Re: Newbie but an oldy here

Post by CuteP2016 »

anybody?
coldrage

Post by coldrage »

CuteP2016 wrote:Hey there :-) I'm a newbie but oldy here - I was part of the forum back in 2012 when I was breeding but stopped in 2014, now joined again to ask on behalf of a friend for info on colour combinations here :-)

A blue cock (no splits) with a pallid blue hen - would produce all blue chicks, but the males would be split for pallid is that correct or hens?
correct

CuteP2016 wrote: Then a yhyt split blue cock with a blue split for whwt hen, what would they produce?

(sorry should of said they produced a yhyt chick, and one that appears blue visually - would the blue chick then be split ?)

thank you!

Both Genders same probability
Blue CT
Green CT/Blue
Blue/CT
Green/Blue/CT

/ = means split
Mikesringnecks

Post by Mikesringnecks »

A Green Cleartail (YHYT) split Blue X Blue Cleartail hen will produce 50% Cleartails and 50% split Cleartails. Both Cleartails and splits will be half Green split Blue and half Blue.