Please note, there is not longer instant registration. All new users will need to request membership by registering first. Once registered, I'll contact you with further details to be approved. Spammers have hindered our wonderful little community here, for this reason, I had to remove instant membership access until the problem can be solved. Best wishes, IMRAN-C

Newbie but an oldy here

Moderator: Mods

CuteP2016

Newbie but an oldy here

Post by CuteP2016 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:09 am

Hey there :-) I'm a newbie but oldy here - I was part of the forum back in 2012 when I was breeding but stopped in 2014, now joined again to ask on behalf of a friend for info on colour combinations here :-)

A blue cock (no splits) with a pallid blue hen - would produce all blue chicks, but the males would be split for pallid is that correct or hens?

Then a yhyt split blue cock with a blue split for whwt hen, what would they produce?

(sorry should of said they produced a yhyt chick, and one that appears blue visually - would the blue chick then be split ?)

thank you!

CuteP2016

Re: Newbie but an oldy here

Post by CuteP2016 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:06 pm

anybody?

coldrage

Post by coldrage » Sat Dec 03, 2016 7:45 pm

CuteP2016 wrote:Hey there :-) I'm a newbie but oldy here - I was part of the forum back in 2012 when I was breeding but stopped in 2014, now joined again to ask on behalf of a friend for info on colour combinations here :-)

A blue cock (no splits) with a pallid blue hen - would produce all blue chicks, but the males would be split for pallid is that correct or hens?
correct

CuteP2016 wrote: Then a yhyt split blue cock with a blue split for whwt hen, what would they produce?

(sorry should of said they produced a yhyt chick, and one that appears blue visually - would the blue chick then be split ?)

thank you!

Both Genders same probability
Blue CT
Green CT/Blue
Blue/CT
Green/Blue/CT

/ = means split

Mikesringnecks

Post by Mikesringnecks » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:21 pm

A Green Cleartail (YHYT) split Blue X Blue Cleartail hen will produce 50% Cleartails and 50% split Cleartails. Both Cleartails and splits will be half Green split Blue and half Blue.