Please note, there is not longer instant registration. All new users will need to request membership by registering first. Once registered, I'll contact you with further details to be approved. Spammers have hindered our wonderful little community here, for this reason, I had to remove instant membership access until the problem can be solved. Best wishes, IMRAN-C

PallidIno or Grey-green PallidIno???

Moderator: Mods

rick_s0910

PallidIno or Grey-green PallidIno???

Post by rick_s0910 » Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:29 am

Hi everyone!

A couple months ago, I bought a DNAd "female Pallidino" which I know isn't possible. After being unable to convince the store owner that it couldn't be female and pallidino, I still decided to buy him/her. Worst case scenario, she could be a beautiful looking Pallid Grey-green. Well, he has started doing male displays and I just found HIS first pink neck feather! Here's my question... Since I've never actually seen a PallidIno, I'm having trouble figuring out if he's a normal Pallidino or a Grey-green PallidIno. His parents are Lutino x Pallid hen. I wonder if his dad is actually masking Grey. Is he Pallidino at all?

Kappa

Re: PallidIno or Grey-green PallidIno???

Post by Kappa » Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:37 pm

G'Day Rick,
You're right on the money with this bird. I agree that he is a greygreen pallidino, and the pairing proves this. Under normal circumstances a lutino cock can't produce a pallid cock, and a pallid hen can only produce split cocks. The in between lutino and pallid phenotype is all the proof you need that he is a pallidino. The father could be masking grey or the hen could be a grey series pallid.

Cheers,
Kappa.

rick_s0910

Re: PallidIno or Grey-green PallidIno???

Post by rick_s0910 » Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:08 am

Thanks for clearing that up for me, Kappa! I had a feeling he was a Grey-green PallidIno, but I had that little doubt, and it was driving me nuts.