saddleback emerald

Moderator: Mods

madas

saddleback emerald

Post by madas »

Chris has asked me to post some pics of his first "saddleback emerald" breed from saddleback blue x dom. pied emerald cobalt.

Happy viewing.
Ring0Neck

Re: saddleback emerald

Post by Ring0Neck »

Cobalt Emerald Harlequin?
looks nothing like one.
I'm an Explorer
10% luck, 20% skill, 15% concentrated power of will, 50% pleasure, 5% pain$ and a 100% reason ..I just gotta know
Indian Ringneck Vic

Post by Indian Ringneck Vic »

Saddle Back ??? looks like one of the late JS green dom pieds from 10 years ago as for the others it's just more of the same non descript combo's of Dom Pieds that are flooding the aviaries of Australian fanciers it's a shame really.
madas

Post by madas »

Underwing pics:

madas

Post by madas »

Some other pics of Chris. He will comment on his own.

mcw-indianringnecks

Post by mcw-indianringnecks »

Ben i obviously dont have your depth of knowledge , you claim these 2 babies from the best nest ive ever breed are simply nothing like cobalt emerold harlequins.
Yet you have given No Explination , No Photoes of a Real true dinky dye Cobalt Emerold Harlequins , PLEASE EXPLAIN , share your wealth of knowledge with us.
Ive added a picture of the underwing of the baby saddleback , i didnt realise theres a lot to learn from the underwing ,EG all emerolds have a underwing marker ?
The next photo is of 1 of the 2 Emerold Cobalt Harlequins i Thought i breed .??
The following photo is the parents of this nest , I bought this lovely bird from Jane , i suppose i will need your photos of a real emerold cobalt harlequins to explain to her ,she sold me something different to what i bought , So What IS This Beautiful bird, With over 1700 posts on this site you must be really clever so please please tell us all what is this bird i bought from Jane is . I thought a Cobalt Emerold Harlequin cock x Saddleback hen Some of the babies would look like the parents ,EG Cobalt Emerold Harlequin ,,, can you explain the Genetics from this pairing .,,
The larst photo is a Cobalt Emerold Harlequin hen i bought from Paul Court or at least thats what i payed for , Can you Tell us what this bird is , i will need to explain to Paul the mistake that he made telling me it was Cobalt Emerold Harlequin , & worst of all i will then have to explain to Deon what hes been breeding with ?
?? I suppose i will wait for your 1703rd post to explain what i sold to Deon.Funny you would think that Deon Smith would have realised its NOT Emerold Cobalt Harlequin A,,, suppose hes just being polite ,something you could also learn?
As for Vics reply about the flooding of Harlequins its only being 3 years since the very first DF Harlequin was breed [gary baldwins clearwing cleartail con ].
Although there has been quite a few of these birds breed were still guessing 20 or 30 DF Harlequins & half of these birds were exported out of Oz.
I have only heard of these 2 Birds I BELEIVE are Cobalt Emerold Harlequin + the 2 ive breed [ Pending Bens Reply ]??+ PHOTOS
& 2 Violet Emerold Harlequins , yes theres quite a few normal Harlequins in Australia Probally the best place in the world to buy 1???
P.S. in June i was asked to EXPORT 10 Harlequins = 5 young birds any colour & 5 being 2 or 3 year old any colour , I was able to find 10 [ only ] young harlequins in Australia 4sale ,5 of these birds i exported 5/11/14 , i was unable to buy any birds at all over 1 yr old Hardly flooding the country , Paul exactually how many Harlequins do YOU own , from memory None???
Ring0Neck

Post by Ring0Neck »

Feeling better now Chris?
I don't come on forums to argue or to disagree. I do want to learn more than most breeders out there.
I don't mind being wrong once in a while, it's called learning Chris, staying on the safe side is not an option for me.
IDing Genotypes from a photo is hard and being wrong if i am i can live with that ;)

The photo of the mature Emerald Cobalt Pied hen posted above is what i know such bird to look like.
I have no doubt that this hen is exactly that Emerald Cobalt Pied.

I don't breed this combo & i only seen them fledged and if indeed that's how they look in the nest almost skyblue color well then I am wrong and you right.

So can we move on now?
Why is the mature cockbird in above pic lighter in phenotype than the hen ?
I'm an Explorer
10% luck, 20% skill, 15% concentrated power of will, 50% pleasure, 5% pain$ and a 100% reason ..I just gotta know
mcw-indianringnecks

Post by mcw-indianringnecks »

Your message was short offencive & inaccurate and simply unnessary , i do expect more from you?+ Im also getting tired of silly replies from 2 or 3 petty people on this forum thats why i rearly bother adding post , when i do i think they are informative , accurate . Things like DF Harlequins dont get neck rings , Emerolds all have underwing markers as do most mutations , did you pick the underwing marker from the Emerold Saddleback , the more we learn the harder it is for the con men to take advantadge of beginners .Im simply disappointed that someone i helped start up 5 or 6 years ago would accuse me of either lying or being stupid ,& you know im not a liar.
Molossus2

Post by Molossus2 »

Chris the 2 emerald do look like euro cobalt to me,, the underwing of the 'saddleback' do differ from emerald and turq ..are the black shades consistent in all of this phenotype? can you do pics of other saddleback underwing ..I would like to keep these for my own reference.
When I saw Babus chicks I noticed that even the pins were colored to the skin..muck like the adm pied...do you have some pics of the emerald saddleback at pin stage for me to file.
I have always considered the saddleback as turquoise...but the amount of darker pigmentation certainly is not consistent with turquoise...But I have also seen this show up randomly or do you think you have the only saddleback type there in Oz or is there a variation here?.
Ring0Neck

Post by Ring0Neck »

Chris,

My last reply was a bit spiced up but only to match yours. I apologise for that it's not in my character, however if you felt the last question as being offensive but it was not.
Why? Because there are 2 phenotypes to Emerald Cobalt Pieds, not just yours.

I have a hen just like your cockbird pictured and seen 2014 young being dark like the hen you have.
I'm presently in proccess to try and work out the reason behind it.
I already have a theory i'm working on, just need do more investigation gather more data before presenting it .
So I simply asked if you know anything or seen anything strange that could help that's all.
I'm an Explorer