blue female pallid to green male.,

Moderator: Mods

Chewbacca

blue female pallid to green male.,

Post by Chewbacca »

so my ringnecks are now sitting on eggs didn't think they would have a go but they are..

blue female pallid , really light in colour almost white more then she is blue,

Normal green male,

What would you wreckon the outcome is?.. am i jus going to get green babys ?

I never got to see there parents so dont know what they come from ..

im pretty sure this is there first clutch, should i just leave them to raise them self without any help ?

Wessel Gordon

Re: blue female pallid to green male.,

Post by Wessel Gordon »

Chewbacca,

I can't understand IRN genetics if my life depended on it so unfortunately I'm not able to help you with which mutation the offspring will be.

Unless you have prior experience of raising baby birds, especially IRN's, I wouldn't recommend you try it unless for some reason one of the babies isn't getting the care it needs from it's parents and only human intervention will save it. If I were in your position I would leave the eggs with the parents and let them raise the babies.

Hopefully someone a bit more experienced sees this post and offer you their point of view as well.

Wessel
Chewbacca

Post by Chewbacca »

ahahaha gorden i couldn't tell you a thing about genetics i only know how to look after my birds :D

i have hand raised cockatiels before never IRNS and not going to unless they actually need the help

i have had my IRNS for 2 and a half years now got them when they were 12weeks so i have been waiting ages for this!!!
Wessel Gordon

Post by Wessel Gordon »

I know the feeling. I've had IRN's for about 10 years and as we discussed in another topic one of my females are presumably incubating a clutch...I'm not sure if it's her first but I know for a fact it's mine, lol.

As for genetics: to me green is green, although it's obviously a different shade it's still green. With my genius lack of understanding of all things scientific I'm afraid I have long accepted that I will never understand IRN genetics. For example: logic tells me if you mix blue and yellow you get green but in IRN genetics that's not the case at all if you pair a blue and yellow bird. Like I said: completely above my intellectual capacity.

Wessel
Bingomaster

blue female pallid to green male

Post by Bingomaster »

I am looking to start breeding blue red OE,i have my male line bb reds females an a blue red male. In looking as to what i should look for as color of the males and females of the offspring.Any input would be great help lacing on breast should it have etc.
Thanks
El dia que la mierda tenga algun valor, los pobres naceran sin culo
Mikesringnecks

Post by Mikesringnecks »

Hi Chewbacca
A Blue hen with a Green cock will only produce Green chicks , unless the cock is split for something in the sex linked line like ino, cinnamon, pallid etc. If he is carrying a sex linked mutation it will show up in half of the female chicks. If he is split for Blue then half the chicks would be Blue.
If the hen is split for a recessive mutation and the cock also carries that same mutation, it will show up in 25% of the chicks.
So it all depends on whether the chicks show anything other than Green.
On raising I would leave it to the parents but be sure to provide them with supplementary soft food once the chicks hatch.
Kind regards
Mike
Chewbacca

Post by Chewbacca »

Ok so she didn't go to good but got the hang of it step by step

3eggs lost 2
First one Laid outside of box and broke
Second one laid in box but broke
Third one laid in box stayed on it untill it hatched and then chucked it out,

Ended up hand raising it and was a aqua colour

Thanks to mum and dad cockatiel they raised it for 10 days and then I took over