Lacewing/Pallid Sex-linked question/confirmation

Moderator: Mods

Wild_brumby

Lacewing/Pallid Sex-linked question/confirmation

Post by Wild_brumby »

Hi Guys,

More of a confirmation so I know if I've wrapped my head around this...?

I am going back through all the genetics etc as I am wanting to attempt to start breeding again. Last attempt was not to successful due to the fact me and my partner split and he took the breeding pairs..... Now, I have repurchased the book 'Asiatic Parrots and their mutations' as I believe my ex had 'sticky' fingers when he left....

Anyways, this is what I have worked out in my head, is this correct or not? If I have a pallid female and bred with a blue male which is not visible and is not split to pallid, I will have NO visable pallids, however all males will be split correct? Though, if I had a visable pallid male and bred with a blue female, all females will be visable pallid and all males will be split?? Same idea with lutino as well isn't it??

Please, if I have this mixed up, please inform me! I'm trying to wrap my head around it haha

Also, just another question. I currently have a cobalt cock. Should be mature for next breeding season. He is currently just starting his ring.... Was told he is about 1 and a half to 2yrs. I am just trying to work out what I should pair him to? Any suggestions would be muchly appreciated!

Thank you for your time,
Sarah
madas

Re: Lacewing/Pallid Sex-linked question/confirmation

Post by madas »

Wild_brumby wrote: If I have a pallid female and bred with a blue male which is not visible and is not split to pallid, I will have NO visable pallids, however all males will be split correct? Though, if I had a visable pallid male and bred with a blue female, all females will be visable pallid and all males will be split?? Same idea with lutino as well isn't it??
Correct.
Wild_brumby wrote: I currently have a cobalt cock.
I am just trying to work out what I should pair him to? Any suggestions would be muchly appreciated!
darkgreen /blue, cobalt, violetgreen /blue, violet blue, violet darkgreen /blue, violet cobalt, oliv (df dark) /blue, mauve, violet(df) blue, violet(df)green /blue, violet(df) cobalt and mauve violet are some options. :) Or any other combo with a dom. mutation and these would give you quick and nice results. It is always a better to pair a green series bird to a blue series then mixing more then 3 mutations at one time (cobalt = dark and blue; so at least 2 mutations are at play).

greetings.

madas
Wild_brumby

Re: Lacewing/Pallid Sex-linked question/confirmation

Post by Wild_brumby »

Thanks heaps! I can now put my brain to rest hehe

I had been tossing up between a couple of your suggestions! Was also contemplating finding a Turquoise/pastel blue. As I do like the idea of a turquoise cobalt. Ah well, I've got a bit of time to decide what I want! :D