opaline dilute

Moderator: Mods

minnie

opaline dilute

Post by minnie »

Can someone please tell me what effect opaline has on dilte or what dilute has on opaline any pictures can be posted aswell

Thanx
Minnie
Johan S

Re: opaline dilute

Post by Johan S »

There is almost no visual effect present. The two mutations do not interact very well and the resulting bird is a 95% dilute lookalike. Those that did the initial experiments were hoping that the head would darken significantly, but it doesn't really happen. About the most distinct feature is the white wing stripes of the opaline that are present in the combination, and to appreciate that you need to catch and handle the bird; obviously not ideal and not what one wants from a combination of mutations. My personal view is that it was a noble idea that didn't work out, esp. when compared to combinations that do offer a striking result, e.g. opaline cleartail.
Carr.birds

Post by Carr.birds »

Minnie

I totally agree with Johan. I have a few matured dilute opaline hens and none of them display a darker head, by adding sl edged I believe we can improve some of the opaline trade marks.

Can anyone post a pic of a matured sf or df sl edged opaline dilute cock ?

Tienie
minnie

Post by minnie »

Thank you Johan and tienie
And tienie could you please post pictures of those hens especially if in the green series

Minnie
Carr.birds

Post by Carr.birds »

Minnie

I don't have green series birds, only a blue and cobalt. Peter posted a pic of my blue dilute opaline hen on the forum. Peter please guide her if you know where it was posted.

Will take new pics and load it this weekend

Tienie
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

NOTE the wings
RouKaime

Post by RouKaime »

Please post some pictures