Misty CHF ?

Post by prodigy »

Misty CHF ?

Thoughts please.

Ring0Neck

Re: Misty CHF ?

Post by Ring0Neck »

Peter,

Whatever it is, we have it though CHFs here in Oz as well.
It'd be good to work out what it acctually is.

If you pair that bird to another that has this misty mutation i suspect you're going to get white chfs as well.

just a hunch
I'm an Explorer
10% luck, 20% skill, 15% concentrated power of will, 50% pleasure, 5% pain$ and a 100% reason ..I just gotta know
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

Ring0Neck wrote:Peter,

If you pair that bird to another that has this misty mutation i suspect you're going to get white chfs as well.

just a hunch
Ben if I paired it to another misty I would get sf and df Misty/CHF, I could then put the DF splits back to the CHF Misty female's that I have.

Lee they are very different in the nest and are even visual different out of the nest.

Below is a picture of chick from my pair 1,0 Blue CHF (misty) x 0,1 Cobalt/CHF, note the chick in the left corner of the dish (looks like 4 different colors)

Ring0Neck

Post by Ring0Neck »

Peter,
I ment to pair it to a misty chf or misty /chf

Molossus,
i'm with you from a logical perspective, however i don't often use logic :D
It is also the reason why i am so often wrong :? which i'm ok with.
logic to me has some shortcomings, and its mainly based on what we know not what we don't know
it can impede advancement.
it was ilogical a hundred years ago to say that a 79 tonnes machine will fly like the wind.

ever since CHFs were introduced ( i assume together with this misty) every once in a while we encountered a white bird in the nest.
INO we presume. i have this thought that these white birds that pop up out of the "blue" could (by a long shot) be due to a df "misty" chf + a color like grey or violet might help or the seldomly detected edged in chfs,
grey edged misty chf or misty in df chf + a certain color?
the red eyes of chf do not help in IDing

i have a cockbird: grey masking violet /chf/ ?ino? I paired him to an indigo pallid hen to see if SL Ino is present.
I just have to allocate them a cage, i hope i can accomodate them this season.
I'm an Explorer
10% luck, 20% skill, 15% concentrated power of will, 50% pleasure, 5% pain$ and a 100% reason ..I just gotta know
Farzz1

Post by Farzz1 »

Peter Hi
My assumption is I cannot see the misty upfront ,however I have seen various misty’s and there is no set standard in its identification as there are so many possibilities and each one varies in the colour but the standard misty also has its own hidden gems, however take out another pic with the flash that would give you another indication of the birds hidden misty and you can compare the two physically , the greyish to violet wash would be noted on the bird and on the chf look at the bird head on it should have the greyish to violet wash above the nostrils , I will include some of my misty birds thus do a comparison with the tail wings head feet etc and thus make a conclusive decision then unfortunately you would have to test the birds from the splits or if you breed a df misty that would be enough reason to believe the misty inheritance on the chf bird
Tks S
Farzz1

Post by Farzz1 »

i cannot attach the pics for the last 3hrs last tym
Attachments
misty 2.jpg
Farzz1

Post by Farzz1 »

can sombody help load pics my system seems to hang
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

Sherwin I have compared him to a few of my Misty's and he looks the part, it would also explain the 4 different color chicks in that nest.

Below 4 of my youngsters used to compare, as well as misty greys and misty violets.

Farzz1

Post by Farzz1 »

Peter Hi
Are those chicks from the chf? If so they spot on misty. However if not his chicks then you need to see if the hen is not masking the misy because the odd chick out looks DF misty? What are your thoughts? If you have to deliberate between pairing to a misty again the chicks are not wasted and they would be df split chf then paired together with themselves and parent’s would result in another combination df misty/chf x df misty/chf and chf misty x df misty/chf ,that would be great food for thought and more valuable within your breeding stock
Regards S
Farzz1

Post by Farzz1 »

df misty edge and df mist blue
Johan S

Post by Johan S »

Peter, why not upload a picture of the blue (misty?) CHF (was it a hen?) in the aviary next to the one where the above cock is housed? That chick showed the effect much better, esp. in the flights which are rather light.
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

This is one of the daughters of the cock above

Johan S

Post by Johan S »

Yeah, that's the bird I'm talking about. Really interesting CHF IMO. Look at the flights and tail.
sheyd

Post by sheyd »

Peter, was the last pic taken with a flash?
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

HI Shay no not at all
sheyd

Post by sheyd »

Thanks Peter