new birds mutation?

Moderator: Mods

Kislanya

new birds mutation?

Post by Kislanya »

i recently rescued a 4th ringneck from what i call sad conditions.poor bird was bought at a flea market as an impulse buy im sure.cage was a 30x18 :twisted: person got the bird home and aparently realized 2 small yorkies might want to eat a bird.....the food was ,well i threw it outside for the outside critters-was almost all sunflower seeds and whole corn,and dont get me started on her butchered wing clip ...I have her settled into her new cage-huge african grey sized- and on new food,am working on getting it on pellets as well.so to my question,what color would you say this bird is,person selling said lutino,but i have a lutino male and this ones coloring is WAY diffrent,what i can see of her mangled flights is a very pale creamy color with cinnamon spotches..kinda.any suggestions on color would be awsome,and thank you in advance :D
Attachments
better picture of her color
better picture of her color
new2.jpg (60.07 KiB) Viewed 2204 times
her new cage
her new cage
PJ's Cage.jpg (27.91 KiB) Viewed 2215 times
newbird2.jpg
newbird2.jpg (64.49 KiB) Viewed 2215 times
newbird3.jpg
newbird3.jpg (44.54 KiB) Viewed 2215 times
McmillanBirds

Re: new birds mutation?

Post by McmillanBirds »

Hi there

Your new bird looks to be a greygreen pallid with the pictures, however if there is a blue sheen in the tail then it is a green pallid.

Best of luck with your new baby :)

Carmen
Kislanya

Post by Kislanya »

her tail feathers and flights are cream colored with cinnamon,havent noticed a blue sheen to them at all how would i put the greygreen pallid in the gentic calc to play around with pairing outcomes,i love messing around to see what outcomes are possible.If my pair that decided they wanted to breed have babies i want to keep a male from them he would be green split ino(mom green unknown splits father ino unknown splits)
McmillanBirds

Post by McmillanBirds »

under the 0.1 section, you would tick grey sf and pallid :)