what am I.... ?????????

Moderator: Mods

minnie

what am I.... ?????????

Post by minnie »

What am I .....?????
Attachments
Sorry for bad quality picture the weather looks like its clearing so will try taking a clear one
Sorry for bad quality picture the weather looks like its clearing so will try taking a clear one
sheyd

Re: what am I.... ?????????

Post by sheyd »

the pic is too dark to be able to make an informed guess.. With the light, you want to be standing between it (the light) and your subject (the bird)- hope this helps
minnie

Post by minnie »

Sorry hope this picture is better
Attachments
Hope this helps really struggling to take a picture
Hope this helps really struggling to take a picture
IMG-20140312-00158.jpg (52.83 KiB) Viewed 3845 times
minnie

Post by minnie »

Hope these help
Attachments
IMG-20140312-00157.jpg
IMG-20140312-00157.jpg (54.65 KiB) Viewed 3845 times
Ring0Neck

Post by Ring0Neck »

I would go with Recessive Edged, see first pic
I'm an Explorer
10% luck, 20% skill, 15% concentrated power of will, 50% pleasure, 5% pain$ and a 100% reason ..I just gotta know
minnie

Post by minnie »

Thank you for the input but that bird was sold to me as a violet blue then it was moulting and I noticed the white patches starting to develope on the wing tips tail tips and slightly on the wings and now on the head a guy that wants the bird from me says its progressive pied but I really don't know trying to find out what the parents where its currently going through the second year Moult
Johan S

Post by Johan S »

Maybe a deficiency in the diet during the time the feathers formed? Or possible liver problems. Or a mutation.
minnie

Post by minnie »

Nope think the bird is healthy and it seems as if the white is becoming more as the bird moults I believe taliep is the breeder of that bird not sure though
minnie

Post by minnie »

Its funny because that bird is in a aviary with other birds and is the only bird developing that weird marks I will remove her from the cage and try and get her tested
Farzz1

Post by Farzz1 »

Hi
Un-Doubtfully testing must be the utmost priority, however reasoning that it is a progressive pied should not be dealt with until the test are clear in the instance that it is a progressive pied you should think very carefully what your next step would be as my experience with them usually run into dead ends.
It’s funny because that bird is in an aviary with other birds and is the only bird developing that weird marks I will remove her from the cage and try and get her tested. Therefor quarantine the bird until tests results are in so that contamination does not affect any more that what it could have affected so far, if there is an outbreak I also suggest testing your other birds as well
Thanks
Taliep

Post by Taliep »

good day all.

can i have some more info on this bird. and to give everyone peace of mind i have all my birds tested for beak & feather every single year since 2009. SO NO BUGS Gents.

if this is the bird that i sent to Kyle in Gauteng then its definitely something different because this season i bred a DF Violet green with a Yellow Saddle that form after the mould season.

i dont know how to use the photo thingy on the site, so Mr Naidoo is it posiible i could send it to you and you post it for all to view please
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

Minni have you got your test results back yet?
minnie

Post by minnie »

Peter
No never got it tested don't plan on ever testing it someone is going to give me a pair of green alexandrines for that bird so not planning on. Testing it
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

I find it strange that a few weeks back your bird was the find of the century and now you plan to swap this bird for something else without testing it after every breeder that commented, recommended that you do this.

My mate asked me to look at a picture of a bird that he was interested in buying from your friend Kyle and all the birds in the picture look like your "progressive pied", so the green birds are showing yellow spots and all the blue birds are showing white spots.

I recommend you tell your friend to have all his birds tested and that you inform the person that you are swapping your bird with, that he quarantine the bird and have it tested as well.

below the picture that was sent to me:

minnie

Post by minnie »

Peter

I bought most of those birds most of them were in a bad condition because they moulding and not because they. Sick I could post pictures of how they look now and you will see that they look 100 times better

Thanx minnie
Johan S

Post by Johan S »

Pro, you can take the horse to the water, but you can not make it drink. No use bashing your head over this.