SF violet tuq

Moderator: Mods

minnie

SF violet tuq

Post by minnie »

Can anyone tell me if the turq could mask out the violet ???? So that no traces of violet show in the bird ????? Pics ????
sheyd

Re: SF violet tuq

Post by sheyd »

minnie wrote:Can anyone tell me if the turq could mask out the violet ???? So that no traces of violet show in the bird ????? Pics ????
no it wouldn't, assuming you're talking of a Violet TurquoiseBlue
Anthony anth Mc Geer

Post by Anthony anth Mc Geer »

it cant out mask the bird , and if you struggle, catch the bird and look at the bird, Flights and rump is the easy way to go, just make sure its not NT violet
minnie

Post by minnie »

Thanx guys so I found out it comes out of a grey turq. And a violet .... So what is and and what does it split for
Anthony anth Mc Geer

Violet blue? , Violet green, Violet green/blue, NT violet ........ LOL be more specific please
Anthony anth Mc Geer

and what is the male and what is the female
Ring0Neck

Post by Ring0Neck »

minnie wrote:Thanx guys so I found out it comes out of a grey turq. And a violet .... So what is and and what does it split for

From that pair you can have grey masking violet
& you can have grey without masking violet
how do you know if it is masking? you don't till you breed with it and breeds violets as well, then you know grey is masking vio.

so you can have a turquoise grey masking violet but unless the violet parent is double factor you can't tell if violet is there or not visually.
I'm an Explorer
10% luck, 20% skill, 15% concentrated power of will, 50% pleasure, 5% pain$ and a 100% reason ..I just gotta know