Dilute

Moderator: Mods

Anthony anth Mc Geer

Dilute

Post by Anthony anth Mc Geer »

Is there any future in dilute or dilute edged, need to know if I must scale down on them.

Thanks Anthony
Anthony anth Mc Geer

Re: Dilute

one of my 2013 Dilute babies
Attachments
Cobalt Turq Dilute 0-0-1
Cobalt Turq Dilute 0-0-1
Anthony anth Mc Geer

I agree on that cause I have Violet/Dilutes....Struggle to sell it tough....but keeping my Violet Dilute and Violet Dilute dom.edged
John Shannon

Post by John Shannon »

Anthony anth Mc Geer wrote:one of my 2013 Dilute babies
Your dilute looks like the these breed from dominant pieds
Attachments
Dominant pied Turquiose blue cock  2010.JPG
Dominant pied Turquiose blue cock 2010.JPG (56.56 KiB) Viewed 25254 times
08 Blue pied in 2011 - Copy.JPG
08 Blue pied in 2011 - Copy.JPG (51.63 KiB) Viewed 25254 times
John Shannon

Post by John Shannon »

John Shannon wrote:
Anthony anth Mc Geer wrote:one of my 2013 Dilute babies
Your dilute looks like the these breed from dominant pieds
Attachments
2010 Turqoiuse Blue   Harleqiun pied  Jan 2013.JPG
2010 Turqoiuse Blue Harleqiun pied Jan 2013.JPG (94.82 KiB) Viewed 25254 times
Dominant pied Turquiose blue cock  Rising one.JPG
Dominant pied Turquiose blue cock Rising one.JPG (59.39 KiB) Viewed 25254 times
Anthony anth Mc Geer

LOL I only wish it was one im sure its just youngster colours will be different after moulting
Ring0Neck

Post by Ring0Neck »

Hi John,

Is the blue bird on the wire from the same parents?
Do you have a pic of it to show wings? looks like an edged blue hen if not mistaken.
in which case you could be having edged turq pieds :shock:
what were the parents?

Cheers
83|V
I'm an Explorer
10% luck, 20% skill, 15% concentrated power of will, 50% pleasure, 5% pain$ and a 100% reason ..I just gotta know
John Shannon

Post by John Shannon »

Is Dilute a sexed linked incomplete dominant mutation or (spangle combination of all so called dominant pieds)
Ring0Neck

Post by Ring0Neck »

to breed Dilute you need both parents to carry it at least in splits.

edged is more likely as they are sex linked dominant, therefore you only need one edged.
if edged hen parent = all males from her will be edged visual
if edged male parent= half of all hens n males will be edged

A few breeders want to put edged to pieds, it'd be great if you already had it.

I'm an Explorer
10% luck, 20% skill, 15% concentrated power of will, 50% pleasure, 5% pain$ and a 100% reason ..I just gotta know
John Shannon

Post by John Shannon »

Ring0Neck wrote:Hi John,

Is the blue bird on the wire from the same parents?
Do you have a pic of it to show wings? looks like an edged blue hen if not mistaken.
in which case you could be having edged turq pieds :shock:
what were the parents?

Cheers
83|V
No Ben that is a Blue buttercup cock that is now matuire here is a pic
Attachments
Mature Blue Clearhead cock.JPG
Ring0Neck

Post by Ring0Neck »

John,

Nice,
Edged buttercup IMO

I have buttercups and they have dark flight feathers, I have edged and their flight feathers are same as body color.

when you take pics next take some with flash or in the sun ;)

add violet turquoise to the buttercup and it should be a piedish looking buttercup. :P stunning bird it'll be

I have a green pied/b-cup young. curious how pied b-cups will look like.

Reference for b-cups:
http://psittacula-world.com/EN/Mutation ... Fallow.htm

John, if you're planning to let him go, pretty sure there are a few breeders interested in acquiring him.
I'm an Explorer
Anthony anth Mc Geer

I have seen the Pied Buttercup and know about someone who has and that is Mature already....breeding with them this year. Hopefully I can get Chicks from him. And you have Dominand pieds not Dom.edged pieds....Go take a lOok at the SL edged section to learn more About edged....there's been a lot of talking
Ring0Neck

Post by Ring0Neck »

Thank you Anthony.

FYI
Edged are: Sex-Linked Dominant Mutation

I am always learning and this is the latest data available on Edged.

I'm an Explorer
Anthony anth Mc Geer

Ring0Neck wrote:
Thank you Anthony.

FYI
Edged are:-Linked Dominant Mutation

I am always learning and this is the latest data available on Edged.

LOL I know you know but I was talking about John ,he can go visit that section just to be sure
Ring0Neck

Post by Ring0Neck »

:D

no worries and if there's s-thing new , i do want to know, so anyone please share.

On Edged and Cinnamon crossovers , i think we should organise a few pairs to test crossover rate as Johan suggested and
i think Tienie is already organising s-thing with Madas.
I'm an Explorer
Anthony anth Mc Geer

That's the only thing we can do... I'm breeding a Cobalt Dom.edged/Cinnamon/whwt to the blou cinnamon Edged/ whwt ...if I don't breed any Cinnamon males we know that's she is not Cinnamon and I'll let you guys know
Johan S

Post by Johan S »

John Shannon wrote:Is Dilute a sexed linked incomplete dominant mutation or (spangle combination of all so called dominant pieds)
John, dilute is an autosomal recessive mutation. Your observations are correct about dilute reminding of dom. pieds, especially if we look at the feather barbs which are also dark. The DF dom. pied and dilute will be two very similar looking birds.

madas

Post by madas »

Anthony anth Mc Geer wrote:That's the only thing we can do... I'm breeding a Cobalt Dom.edged/Cinnamon/whwt to the blou cinnamon Edged/ whwt ...if I don't breed any Cinnamon males we know that's she is not Cinnamon and I'll let you guys know
Wrong assumption. Both cinnamon and Edged are sex-linked mutations. So if your female is really a cinnamon edged crossed over bird then they will be inherited as package from the mother. A re-crossover for both mutations can't occur in female birds. So the males are Cinnamon Edged(sf). :)
Sherjil

Post by Sherjil »

madas wrote:
Anthony anth Mc Geer wrote:That's the only thing we can do... I'm breeding a Cobalt Dom.edged/Cinnamon/whwt to the blou cinnamon Edged/ whwt ...if I don't breed any Cinnamon males we know that's she is not Cinnamon and I'll let you guys know
Wrong assumption. Both cinnamon and Edged are sex-linked mutations. So if your female is really a cinnamon edged crossed over bird then they will be inherited as package from the mother. A re-crossover for both mutations can't occur in female birds. So the males are Cinnamon Edged(sf). :)

Hi Madas;

I have read you mentioning quite a few times about the term "re-crossover" . Can you please elaborate in more detail abt its meaning , how re-crossover occurs and how it is being related to the sex of the bird (just like in above case you mentioned it is not possible in females). Thanks
Anthony anth Mc Geer

madas wrote:
Wrong assumption. Both cinnamon and Edged are -linked mutations. So if your female is really a cinnamon edged crossed over bird then they will be inherited as package from the mother. A re-crossover for both mutations can't occur in female birds. So the males are Cinnamon Edged(sf). :)

Madas can you please explain LOL. what I understand is I can only breed Cinnamon edged in males then, and the females would be either cinnamon or it will be edged? and the female is breed from a dom.edged cinnamon male
madas

Post by madas »

For a successful CrossOver your need a pair of two equal chromosomes. For sex-linked mutations this is true for males because they have two Z-chromosomes which can carry informations responsible for make up of the resulting phenotype. Females only carry one Z-chromosome. So Crossing Over for sex-linked mutations can only occur in males.
Anthony anth Mc Geer

thanks for explaining.
madas

Post by madas »

Anthony anth Mc Geer wrote:
madas wrote:

Madas can you please explain LOL. what I understand is I can only breed Cinnamon edged in males then, and the females would be either cinnamon or it will be edged? and the female is breed from a dom.edged cinnamon male
No. You can breed cinnamon-SL Edged females. These females inherit the cinnamon and SL Edged gen from the father (sex-linked). So if both mutations should be visual expressed in a females phenotype both mutations must be placed on one Z-chromosome of the father which is then passed on to the female (and male) offspring. But this is only possible after a crossover or for a already crossed over Z-chromosome. Re-Crossover means that both coupled mutations on this Z-chromosome become splitted again. But again this is only possible in males because they have two Z-chromosomes.

Possible combinations of cinnamon and SL Edged:

0,1 cinnamon
0,1 SL Edged
0,1 cinnamon-SL Edged

1,0 split cinnamon (heterozygous)
1,0 SL Edged(sf) (heterozygous)
1,0 cinnamon (homozygous)
1,0 SL Edged(df) (homozygous)
1,0 SL Edged(sf) split cinnamon (not crossed over; heterozygous)
1,0 SL Edged(sf) split cinnamon (crossed over; heterozygous; visual the same as the one before)
1,0 SL Edged(df) split cinnamon (homozygous SL Edged; heterozygous cinnamon; one Z-Chromosome is carrying both mutations, so the crossed over variant)
1,0 cinnamon SL Edged(sf) (homozygous cinnamon; heterozygous SL Edged; one Z-Chromosome is carrying both mutations, so the crossed over variant)
1,0 cinnamon-SL Edged(df) (homozygous cinnamon and homozygous SL Edged; both Z-Chromosomes are carrying both mutations)

madas
Sherjil

Post by Sherjil »

madas wrote:
Anthony anth Mc Geer wrote:
madas wrote:That's the only thing we can do... I'm breeding a Cobalt Dom.edged/Cinnamon/whwt to the blou cinnamon Edged/ whwt ...if I don't breed any Cinnamon males we know that's she is not Cinnamon and I'll let you guys know
No. You can breed cinnamon-SL Edged females. These females inherit the cinnamon and SL Edged gen from the father (sex-linked). So if both mutations should be visual expressed in a females phenotype both mutations must be placed on one Z-chromosome of the father which is then passed on to the female (and male) offspring. But this is only possible after a crossover or for a already crossed over Z-chromosome. Re-Crossover means that both coupled mutations on this Z-chromosome become splitted again. But again this is only possible in males because they have two Z-chromosomes.

Possible combinations of cinnamon and SL Edged:

0,1 cinnamon
0,1 SL Edged
0,1 cinnamon-SL Edged

1,0 split cinnamon (heterozygous)
1,0 SL Edged(sf) (heterozygous)
1,0 cinnamon (homozygous)
1,0 SL Edged(df) (homozygous)
1,0 SL Edged(sf) split cinnamon (not crossed over; heterozygous)
1,0 SL Edged(sf) split cinnamon (crossed over; heterozygous; visual the same as the one before)
1,0 SL Edged(df) split cinnamon (homozygous SL Edged; heterozygous cinnamon; one Z-Chromosome is carrying both mutations, so the crossed over variant)
1,0 cinnamon SL Edged(sf) (homozygous cinnamon; heterozygous SL Edged; one Z-Chromosome is carrying both mutations, so the crossed over variant)
1,0 cinnamon-SL Edged(df) (homozygous cinnamon and homozygous SL Edged; both Z-Chromosomes are carrying both mutations)

madas

Thanks madas !
Carr.birds

Post by Carr.birds »

Anthony

You cobalt turq dilute is also SL Edged (SL Edged Cobalt turq dilute)

Tienie
Anthony anth Mc Geer

But I didn't breed it ou of edged and lots of people say its edged but it can't be.I'll take a photo of my Dark green Dilute...this cobalt turq Dilutes nest mate....also looks edged....bred them from green Dilute/blue on Cobalt turq/ dilute female.
Carr.birds

Post by Carr.birds »

Anthony

Your green dilute/blue cock must be a SL Edged dilute/blue. Please post a pic.

Tienie
Anthony anth Mc Geer

not the best photo cause I cant see a thing lol will try tomorrow
Attachments
IMG-20140129-01693_converted.jpg
IMG-20140129-01693_converted.jpg (60.05 KiB) Viewed 25116 times
madas

Post by madas »

Anthony anth Mc Geer wrote:will try tomorrow
Would be great. But can you upload in a higher resolution or upload to a pic hoster???

thx.
Anthony anth Mc Geer

I don't know how to upload to a pic hoaster and my high resolution is to big to upload ..... Please HELP!!!!!!!
madas

Post by madas »

Anthony anth Mc Geer wrote:I don't know how to upload to a pic hoaster and my high resolution is to big to upload ..... Please HELP!!!!!!!
Then send them via Email to mada_s(at)ymail.com
Anthony anth Mc Geer

okay cool will do so just tell me what you want me 2 send you
Anthony anth Mc Geer

I cant see any edged in this Dilute male
Attachments
IMG-20140210-01786_1392022583575_o.jpg
IMG-20140210-01786_1392022583575_o.jpg (84.22 KiB) Viewed 25080 times
Anthony anth Mc Geer

okay I think this is a bit better one with flash and one without flash
Attachments
without flash
without flash
IMG-20140210-01788_1392024049737_o.jpg (75.08 KiB) Viewed 25076 times
with flash
with flash
IMG-20140210-01787_1392023998395_o.jpg (39.39 KiB) Viewed 25076 times
Carr.birds

Post by Carr.birds »

Anthony

Take a pic of the cock with spreaded wings. If you have another dilute that you know isn't edged compare it with this cock. Edged will change (add) body colour to the flights.

Tienie
Anthony anth Mc Geer

Green Dilute male, Father of the 0-0-1 Darkgreen Dilute or whats your guys toughts
Attachments
IMG-20140210-01795_1392027776611_o.jpg
IMG-20140210-01795_1392027776611_o.jpg (89.18 KiB) Viewed 25064 times
Darkgreen Dilute
Darkgreen Dilute
IMG-20140210-01793_1392027706132_o.jpg (73.1 KiB) Viewed 25064 times
Green Dilute
Green Dilute
IMG-20140210-01792_1392027240265_o.jpg (27.64 KiB) Viewed 25064 times
Green Dilute
Green Dilute
IMG-20140210-01791_1392027439392_o.jpg (36.85 KiB) Viewed 25064 times
madas

Post by madas »

Anthony anth Mc Geer wrote:Green Dilute male, Father of the 0-0-1 Darkgreen Dilute or whats your guys toughts
For my eyes this bird is to yellow to be a pure dilute green. :(
So i agree with Tienie on the SL Edged Dilute green. But can't say if sf or df SL Edged.

Dilute green:

madas
Anthony anth Mc Geer

Thanks a lot guys yes mine look very yellowish and from the chicks looking it looks like edged.What do you think about the darkgreen Madas ? Male cann be sf edged cause one chick was normal Darkgreen/Dilute/blue. Thanks for the pics madas helps a lot
madas

Post by madas »

Anthony anth Mc Geer wrote:Thanks a lot guys yes mine look very yellowish and from the chicks looking it looks like edged.What do you think about the darkgreen Madas ? Male cann be sf edged cause one chick was normal Darkgreen/Dilute/blue. Thanks for the pics madas helps a lot
I think i have missed the darkgreen chick. Can you post the pic again? thx.
Anthony anth Mc Geer

Isn't it stil on the page?
Anthony anth Mc Geer

Darkgreen DiluTe
Attachments
IMG-20140210-01795_1392027776611_o.jpg
IMG-20140210-01795_1392027776611_o.jpg (89.18 KiB) Viewed 25049 times
IMG-20140210-01793_1392027706132_o.jpg
IMG-20140210-01793_1392027706132_o.jpg (73.1 KiB) Viewed 25049 times
madas

Post by madas »

I missed the pic label. :) Sorry. :D
Anthony anth Mc Geer

Hey guys here's the dad of the 5 edged Chicks..... 1-0 Cobalt edged,0-3 Silver edged,0-1 blue Cinnamon edged....Can he possibly be a DF sl edged or is he a grey Cinnamon sl SF edged male.
Attachments
Grey Cinnamon edged/Dilute male.
Grey Cinnamon edged/Dilute male.
Anthony anth Mc Geer

He took the moulting abit late tough....but he looks much better.... I baught the bird as a grey edged/Dilute...but because of the lightness I use to think its Cinnamon....but between him and the grey Cinnamon he is much darker in Colour
Ring0Neck

Post by Ring0Neck »

He is not Cinnamon, dark grey feet and dark nails, you'll never get that in an edged cinn.
If anything split cinn if you think the breeding results match.
Perhaps df edged, but in this case 100% offspring will be edged, (keep in mind hens will still look lighter in phenotype)
I'm an Explorer
Anthony anth Mc Geer

I also took a good look at the bird for the first time now.... Maybe DF but deff. A grey edged.
Johan S

Post by Johan S »

Ants, if you have been breeding silver edged, or grey cinnamon-edged, from that cock, then he is grey edged/cinnamon (T2). He looks too dark to me for grey cinnamon-edged.
Anthony anth Mc Geer

All the pics I posted of the edges is his babies*....