Please note, there is not longer instant registration. All new users will need to request membership by registering first. Once registered, I'll contact you with further details to be approved. Spammers have hindered our wonderful little community here, for this reason, I had to remove instant membership access until the problem can be solved. Best wishes, IMRAN-C

The things that make you go hmmm

Moderator: Mods

sheyd

Re: The things that make you go hmmm

Post by sheyd » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:05 pm

Thanks, that's very interesting-- will be looking forward to updates :D

Ring0Neck

Post by Ring0Neck » Thu Mar 27, 2014 9:42 pm

I'm looking at the violet turq. pied hen and i can barely see any violet in her whereas the violet turq. pied male has heaps of visual violet.
they are all unrelated.
Violet should increase after the 1 y moult esp. in tails.
I'm an Explorer
10% luck, 20% skill, 15% concentrated power of will, 50% pleasure, 5% pain$ and a 100% reason ..I just gotta know

Mad Max

Post by Mad Max » Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:13 am

Ringo

I understand what you are saying as I have 2 youngsters that I managed to get my hands on that were bred from a Violet Blue X Edged Grey/Dilute
The 2 youngsters I have are grey in colour , 1 is edged and the other one looks like a normal grey bird .
When I have them in the sun I can see an almost cobalt sheen over the birds with some specks on the feathers that look violet (They are very small ) But I can see the violet blue comming through . I know what a cobalt grey and a mauve grey look like as I have them in my cages .

This looks compleatly different , The flights and tail feathers are very dark ,very close to black .
I am waiting for them to mature and then will re-evaluate the feather condition

Regards
Robert

Dark horse

Post by Dark horse » Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:46 am

Hi guys I am very new to this page and I need your advice and valuable ideas. Thanks

Dark horse

Post by Dark horse » Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:56 am

I wanted to buy my first pair of ring neck. I haven't got
Any idea about those colours.