Deep cobalt violet

Moderator: Mods

Youngspud

Deep cobalt violet

Post by Youngspud »

Hi all, I am keen to get myself some new cobalts, a deep and a DF violet blue after this season, would anyone be able to provide a picture of these, preferably all 3 in one photo if possible. just so I know exactly what I'm looking for when buying them.

Jacob
trabots

Re: Deep cobalt violet

Post by trabots »

You should find what you need in here, its a library of images mostly my birds and many have been posted on this forum.

http://s1305.photobucket.com/user/Trabo ... wap&page=1
Johan S

Post by Johan S »

Willy, can you please confirm these birds?

The label says cobalt, deep blue, cobalt. The filename says 2xDeepBlueCobalt.

Here we have a SF and DF deep bird blue.

Now comparing these two pictures, the bird in the middle of the top picture looks significantly darker than the bird on the left in the second picture. I assume this is the result of natural (overcast) light vs "studio" light? It is actually a very significant difference. Just goes to show how important a reference is.
madas

Post by madas »

Hi Willy,

do you have a pic of a 'deep'(df) dark(ef) blue bird?

thx in advance.
trabots

Post by trabots »

No mate, I have 2 for sure triples, Deep Dark Violet Blue and several Violet Mauves. I also have a possible DF Deep Violet. That's it for now. Now that I have Deep Dark Blues I will be working on the DF Deep Dark Blue as soon as I can.
trabots

Post by trabots »

Willy, can you please confirm these birds?

The label says cobalt, deep blue, cobalt. The filename says 2xDeepBlueCobalt.
Not my birds, they are 2 x Deep Blues on the left and a Cobalt right. Always look at the tail feathers if possible. The file name is correct, I must have made yet another mistake. I will fix the label pronto.
trabots

Post by trabots »

Ignore, last post I am having a bad run of things, sorry folks. No more trick questions! After checking my original I find that the label is correct, the file name is wrong. Then looking at the tails and flights I confirm the Deep Blue is in the middle as you have said. This was taken by the fellow other than Ron who probably bred the first DF Deep Blue.
Youngspud

Post by Youngspud »

Thanks guys, ill make sure to check back before I go through with buying one of the deep blues, don't wanna be ripped off or anything.

Jacob
Ring0Neck

Post by Ring0Neck »

Jacob,

Just looking at the bird will not suffice.
I have bought deep blues from unknown breeders that were not deep blues.
If you live in Oz i suggest you get deep blues from breeders known to have them, like Willy (trabots posted above pics), Ron or Martin
these i know for a fact to have the real deal.
There are many cobalts even birds bred from violets that look light as a deep blue but they are not.
So ask the bloodline is the original from Jack Smith if you buying from other breeders.
Make sure you see their stock.
Because Deep is more expensive they will "wish" they had them or think they have them because they look different.
Just take your time do the homework and you'll be right.

Cheers
Ben
I'm an Explorer
10% luck, 20% skill, 15% concentrated power of will, 50% pleasure, 5% pain$ and a 100% reason ..I just gotta know
Youngspud

Post by Youngspud »

I was just going to ask my auntie (Jacks wife) if she could help me get onto someone she knows has them, if she couldn't help then I was going to ask willy if he'd be able to help me out.

Jacob
Youngspud

Post by Youngspud »

Are you talking about Martin G?
That is who I was thinking of talking to about buying one
Ring0Neck

Post by Ring0Neck »

Yes, M. G. from Victoria
I'm an Explorer
10% luck, 20% skill, 15% concentrated power of will, 50% pleasure, 5% pain$ and a 100% reason ..I just gotta know