triple structural mutations

Moderator: Mods

trabots

triple structural mutations

Post by trabots »

I have a clutch which matches the predicted outcomes although to confirm which is which may need some comparisons with my tail feather collection when they fledge. Images of Dark DF Violet Blues showing grey colouration leads me to suspect the 3rd bird from the left is the first Deep Dark Violet Blue as it looks somewhat grey also. It may be that Cobalt should be left out when chasing very dark blue IRNs as Cobalt combos will show the grey of a Mauve. I may have a DF Deep Violet in a younger clutch which I predict will have no grey.

Violet Mauve x Deep Blue =

25% Dark Blue
25% Dark Violet Blue
25% Dark Deep Blue
25% Dark Violet Deep Blue

[URL=http://s1305.photobucket.com/user/ ... .jpg[/img][/url]
Ring0Neck

Re: triple structural mutations

Post by Ring0Neck »

Willy, nicely done !

The 2 in the middle are easy to pick: L2R Dark Violet & Dark Violet Deep
The other 2 are the once that i'm not certain of, however that should be easy for you to check against a deep dark chick and a plain darkblue.

Great reference pic, i'd be good to label/name them on the pic.

I'm an Explorer
10% luck, 20% skill, 15% concentrated power of will, 50% pleasure, 5% pain$ and a 100% reason ..I just gotta know
Johan S

Post by Johan S »

Great pic, Willy. Glad that you got lucky with the dark violet deep! That's a bird that had the potential of taking years of waiting for the roll of the dice. Happy to see that your results start to saturate as well, which to some degree also confirm our results of last season with the DF violet cobalts. Holding thumbs that you get the DF deep violet! I'd be very interested to see a DF violet deep too.
madas

Post by madas »

trabots wrote:Image
Pic taken with or without flash???

madas
trabots

Post by trabots »

No flash, in my mind the image is bad. I took it quickly just to show the 4 possible outcomes in one nest. The bird on the right has to be a Deep Cobalt but being my first I thought it would be darker.
sheyd

Post by sheyd »

Great result Willy! Here's hoping you have a df Deep Violet in the younger clutch
Johan S

Post by Johan S »

Madas, I have found that sometimes those white plastic containers tend to make the pic look a bit over exposed. Yet, I still use them regularly as well.
trabots

Post by trabots »

From a pair of Deep Blue x Deep Violet TurquoiseBlue, this is the clutch. The bird at 12 o'clock is what I believe is a DF Deep Violet TurqoiseBlue. The Turquoise does confuse things so I qualify this until they can be directly compared with known birds and preferably after their first moult in a couple of months. No flash.

trabots

Post by trabots »

Hi Molossus, I have long suspected Deep and Azure may be the same. The only way to tell is to breed the DF Azure and then we exchange some tail feathers to compare. Surely this has been asked directly of Babu whether he has bred the DF Azure?
Johan S

Post by Johan S »

Come now Lee, discussing possible new mutations on a public forum and then the exchange of pictures, but privately only, is like taking a child on a tour of a sweets shop and telling him that he is only allowed to look and enjoy the sweets from afar. This can be likened to torture and completely unfair towards the rest of us. :lol:
trabots

Post by trabots »

+1
trabots

Post by trabots »

Further to this I got a pretty good pic of the Deep Dark Violet and siblings:

cw, Dark, Dark Violet, Deep Dark Violet, Deep Dark

I put my finger over half the flash to get the contrast needed. I will be painting the inside of a bucket grey and try images in that. The white bucket definitely messes with the flash if needed.
Skyes_crew

Post by Skyes_crew »

Your deep dark chick looks very similar to a bird I've been trying to identify here. Do you think I could see a pic with his wing extended please?
I am owned by my birds...and I wouldn't have it any other way :D

trabots

Post by trabots »

Skyes, next time I will try and remember the wing shot. Remember however that any comparison is futile unless they are together in the same image. The Cobalt in the image looks Blue, just as an example because there is no Blue bird in the image.
Skyes_crew

Post by Skyes_crew »

I understand :D I was just excited to see a color closely resembling this one...

Ring0Neck

Post by Ring0Neck »

Sky,
Body color looks like Cobalt in that pic
I'm an Explorer
10% luck, 20% skill, 15% concentrated power of will, 50% pleasure, 5% pain$ and a 100% reason ..I just gotta know
Skyes_crew

Post by Skyes_crew »

So your thought is straight cobalt? Hmmmm I was recently given a different opinion.

Johan S

Post by Johan S »

Hi Willy, I was browsing through your picture gallery (again!), and noticed the label:

Deep, Deep Dark, Deep Dark Violet, Deep Violet Blues

That second chick, to me, looks very much like a "cobalt violet"-like phenotype. Since the DF deep doesn't show violet, I'd be surprised if a deep dark will. Do you think this one is perhaps labeled incorrectly? My guess is cobalt violet. Browsing back in the topic, it is a thought supported by Ben.
trabots

Post by trabots »

Hi Willy, I was browsing through your picture gallery (again!), and noticed the label:

Deep, Deep Dark, Deep Dark Violet, Deep Violet Blues
I screwed up again, must have been Deep in thought. Again I apologise. The file name for the very first image is wrong also. I will repost the images with correct names. Is there any way to delete posts that are factually incorrect?? Photobucket is a PIA sometimes also.

L-R, Dark, Dark Violet, Deep Dark Violet, Deep Dark

CW, Dark, Dark Violet, Deep Dark Violet, Deep Dark

trabots

Post by trabots »

How are you guys re-posting my images without the URL business? I deleted the originals from Photobucket but they are still in the posts??
trabots

Post by trabots »

Here is that last pic. Photobucket sucks. Sure would like a quick tutorial for all as in "Pasting images on Indianringneck.com posts for dummies"

CW, Dark, Dark Violet, Deep Dark Violet, Deep Dark

madas

Post by madas »

trabots wrote:Here is that last pic. Photobucket sucks. Sure would like a quick tutorial for all as in "Pasting images on Indianringneck.com posts for dummies"
Only copy&paste the "img" Tag. Means "[" "img" "]" UrlToThePic "[" "/" "img" "]". Sorry for the ". But unless i write it in this way the Forum software is thinking it's a real tag. :) So then posting a pic replace the " with nothing resp emptySpace resp don't write them.

UrlToThePic = something with http:// at the beginning. ;)

greetings.

madas
trabots

Post by trabots »

Got it Madas, cheers