Photos of Pied Ino

Moderator: Mods

Mad Max

Photos of Pied Ino

Post by Mad Max »

Hi

Has anybody got pics of a Pied Ino Blue or Green ?
Carr.birds

Re: Photos of Pied Ino

Post by Carr.birds »

Mad Max

According to my knowledge ino will mask pied completely. I have seen a lutino Roseicollis that produced pied (dom pied) offspring but his phenotype was the same as a normal lutino.

Tienie
Johan S

Post by Johan S »

Tienie, you mentioned pied in general, but are you referring to both recessive adm and dominant pied? I wouldn't be surprised if specifically adm pied leaves traces of it's presence in the phenotype, esp. in SL-ino where we have seen some mutations (cinnamon for example) come through. I'd really be interested in the experimental outcome of adm pied SL-ino, as well as the (SL) InoEdged crossover. Granted, traces will be very faint, but I'm not sure of a complete masking, perhaps only 95-97% masking. Thoughts?
madas

Post by madas »

Johan S wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if specifically adm pied leaves traces of it's presence in the phenotype, esp. in SL-ino where we have seen some mutations (cinnamon for example) come through.
Yeah but don't Forget that cinnamon and SL ino act on the same chromosom (Z-chromosom) ans SL ino combined with rec. pied don't.

madas
Johan S

Post by Johan S »

madas wrote:
Johan S wrote:I wouldn't be surprised if specifically adm pied leaves traces of it's presence in the phenotype, esp. in SL-ino where we have seen some mutations (cinnamon for example) come through.
Yeah but don't Forget that cinnamon and SL ino act on the same chromosom (Z-chromosom) ans SL ino combined with rec. pied don't.

madas
A valid point, and all the more reason to test whether there is a change in phenotype, not so? :D

But also remember that both SL ino and NSL ino loci plays a role in melanin production, so the complete process is not bound to a single chromosome. I make specific reference to SL ino above, as it acts later on compared to NSL ino in the melanin pathway (from what I read), so my gut feeling is that we might see something. Emphasis on might. What would also be interesting is pictures of a NSL ino cinnamon. Do the cinnamon SL ino interaction repeat in a NSL ino cinnamon? Another question on my list of unanswered questions. Maybe you have seen something in Europe and can help to answer it?
Mad Max

Post by Mad Max »

Guys
Thanks for The response .I was thinking in the same lines as Johan was thinking
I have a Pied Green / Ino/?Blue Cock and a Ino Blue hen (I need to test the hen as she may have other splits in her , and I also need to test the Cock for the split Blue)
so I thought to put them together and see what happens . :idea:
Mad Max

Post by Mad Max »

I think it would be a bad decision to pair the above as I will still not prove the Hens other SL splits.
Back to the drawing board :oops:

but I would still like to see the photos of Pied Ino's if anyone has any .
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

Max

Bring that male to me i have that Ino/Pied hen we can put him to ;-)

or one of my pallid pied hens

1,0 pied green /ino /blue x 0,1 pallid pied green /blue

1,0 12.5% pallidIno pied
1,0 25% pallidIno pied /blue
1,0 12.5% pallidIno pied blue
1,0 12.5% pied blue /pallid
1,0 12.5% pied green /pallid
1,0 25% pied green /pallid /blue

0,1 12.5% ino pied
0,1 25% ino pied /blue
0,1 12.5% ino pied blue
0,1 12.5% pied blue
0,1 12.5% pied green
0,1 25% pied green /blue
trabots

Post by trabots »

Ino does not eliminate structure 100%, proven by the tinge of green or blue on Lutino and Albinos. A true Pied (I don't think Dom Pied is a text book Pied) does eliminate all structure so depending on the species there are two colours of yellow on an Lutino Pied bird. In my Rainbow lorikeets the Pied yellow was much richer than the Lutino yellow.
Johan S

Post by Johan S »

Very interesting, Willy. You don't happen to have a picture of the Rainbows that shows that?
Mad Max

Post by Mad Max »

Peter

I like your idea , He is a 2012 bird so I dont think he will be ready this year . We will talk about it after the breeding season if works for you .
Skyes_crew

Post by Skyes_crew »

trabots wrote:Ino does not eliminate structure 100%, proven by the tinge of green or blue on Lutino and Albinos. A true Pied (I don't think Dom Pied is a text book Pied) does eliminate all structure so depending on the species there are two colours of yellow on an Lutino Pied bird. In my Rainbow lorikeets the Pied yellow was much richer than the Lutino yellow.

I tend to agree with the two types of yellow. It is the same on fischers. The pied Lutino are a much brighter yellow. Just my two cents :)
I am owned by my birds...and I wouldn't have it any other way :D

Sherjil

Post by Sherjil »

Hi guys isn't pied mutation enough to put the brightness ( yellow in green series ) without aid frm ino ...as per my understanding pied inhibits matabolic pathways of melanin production & melanin also plays a role to reduce the brightness of pasittacin . Hence by complete elimination of melanin in pied patches we see more brighter yellow in green series