Olive grey

Moderator: Mods

goose001

Olive grey

Post by goose001 »

Is there such thing as an olive grey mutation? I tried searching but can't find much info... if anyone knows it would be greatly appreciated :)
sheyd

Re: Olive grey

Post by sheyd »

Yes, there are Olives and there are Greys- you can also have a Grey Olive (Grey masking DF Dark Green). Most commonly though Greygreens are mistakenly called 'olives'. The true Olive is a descriptive name and is meant for 2 darkfactors on Green, while Greygreen is Grey on Green and far less valuable from a breeders perspective- similar phenotypes, different genotypes.

see both (and Grey) here:
http://psittacula-world.com/EN/Mutations/P-krameri.htm
goose001

Post by goose001 »

Thank you!! For the grey olive (Grey masking DF Dark Green) does the bird appear to be grey or is it green? Thanks again so much
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

Its about the same as the the bird in the top left hand corner with a green tinge

the bird at the bottom right is a mauve SA deep

sheyd

Post by sheyd »

Interesting- thanks for the pic Peter- I wouldn't have thought that it (Grey dfDark Green) would have looked any different to a Greygreen. Just out of curiosity, what is the makeup of 'grey' looking bird?
Lushen1600

Post by Lushen1600 »

Hi Peter, what size cages are those birds in the pic housed in?, also with a single mesh between cages, wouldn't there be fighting and biting of toes and toe nails, and lastly what's the size of the nestbox on that cage?

Ok on looking again at the pic, it looks like there is a double mesh between the sides of the cages, so please ignore the second question

Thanks
Lushen
2014 Pairs
Green x Green
DGreen x DBlue
DE Blue/ino x DBlue
Grey/ino x Albino
Pallidino x Lutino
DE Blue Turq x Grey
DE Grey Turq x Blue
Greygreen/cinn x DE Blue Cinn
DE DBlue Turq x Blue Turq CHWT
Blue x DBlue Turq
Blue x Blue Pallid
Lutino/blue x Blue
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

Hi Lushen,

They are all separate cages so the birds cant get at each other, the nests are made out of teak so the little buggers cant chew them up.

I have 20 hanging cages per row suspended on a H frame, inbox me for measurements and pics.

Regards,

Peter