36%
I pick the 1 on the right
64%

Total votes: 36

Ring0Neck

Re: Pick One - Cast your vote !

Post by Ring0Neck »

Shey,
Yep, i misunderstood that reply :d, thanks for clarifying.

Try firefox browser :D or save as pic on pc & be able to zoom in.

I'm an Explorer
10% luck, 20% skill, 15% concentrated power of will, 50% pleasure, 5% pain$ and a 100% reason ..I just gotta know
madas

Post by madas »

Recio wrote:Hi,

Royal Blue is a colour with a wavelength of 450 nm. It is a deep dark azure colour. It is close to the uv wavelength in the ligth spectrum and it si able to induce fluorescence like the uv.

Madas, do not forget your uv ligth ... and keep us enligthed :wink:

Regards

Recio

PS: it would be great to look at those birds with a royal blue ligth.
Hi Guys,

back from the exhibition i am confused more then ever regarding dark, violet and 'deep'. :(
Pics will follow tomorrow. Haven't checked them for quality until now. :)

greetings.

madas
madas

Post by madas »

First impression. Unfortunately the pic doesn't reflect the full beauty and purple richness of this bird.
I have never seen such bird before.

mother and father (unfortunately no other pic; they were very sprightly); mother was visually lighter compared to the father.

Both parents don't carry the common violet factor. So what am i???
I don't know. :(
madas

Post by madas »

cleartail mauve violet:

madas

Post by madas »

What am I the second???

madas

Post by madas »

Psittacula columboides:

Tartan ringnecks

Post by Tartan ringnecks »

Hi madas

The pic of the blue Dom/edged is a great pic
Did you see any other edged birds on your trip.
Kev
Ring0Neck

Post by Ring0Neck »

Madas,

Thanks a mil for the pics.

The parent male's ring color was it a soft pink?

Did you see if the inside tail was white ?

Did you or can you ask if that briliant purple offspring got darker much darker then before first molt?

I'm an Explorer
10% luck, 20% skill, 15% concentrated power of will, 50% pleasure, 5% pain$ and a 100% reason ..I just gotta know
Johan S

Post by Johan S »

Madas, you are a legend. Fantastic pics, thank you! :D

As fot the violet offspring, what a beautiful bird. The genetic make up will probably be a mystery for some time to come. Perhaps you have booked one of the future offspring? To me, it seems like the father is a bit darker than the mother. I would classify the offspring bird in the region of DF violet (reminds me of NT) SF dark. Perhaps DF violet SF deep? But I'm guessing.
madas wrote:What am I the second???
One of my favourite birds! Blue SL dom. edged misty with/without cinnamon (not sure). That bird in cobalt violet would be one for any collection. Add to that a cobalt violet opaline cleartail, and I think you'd have the two of the most beautiful combinations possible.
madas wrote:Psittacula columboides:
Another of my favourites. You really spoiled us! I haven't seen such good quality pics of Malabars yet. Any chance of emerald collared parakeets?
trabots

Post by trabots »

Great pics Madas. The mystery Blue bird when you blow it up there is the tell tale mauve blush on the face and neck so I make the father a Dark TurquoiseBlue. The hen looks to have a Dark factor and one other unknown factor. IMO the chick is a combination of all 3.
trabots

Post by trabots »

The hen looks to have a Dark factor and one other unknown factor. IMO the chick is a combination of all 3.
Just realised how dumb that was. 2 Dark factors makes a Mauve so I am mystified again.
madas

Post by madas »

Tartan ringnecks wrote: Hi madas
The pic of the blue Dom/edged is a great pic
Did you see any other edged birds on your trip.
Unfortunately not.
madas

Post by madas »

Ring0Neck wrote:Madas,

Thanks a mil for the pics.

The parent male's ring color was it a soft pink?

Did you see if the inside tail was white ?

Did you or can you ask if that briliant purple offspring got darker much darker then before first molt?

first question: yes. second: no, i haven't payed attenion to it. third: haven't but i will try to get this info.
madas

Post by madas »

Johan S wrote:Madas, you are a legend. Fantastic pics, thank you! :D

As fot the violet offspring, what a beautiful bird. The genetic make up will probably be a mystery for some time to come. Perhaps you have booked one of the future offspring? To me, it seems like the father is a bit darker than the mother. I would classify the offspring bird in the region of DF violet (reminds me of NT) SF dark. Perhaps DF violet SF deep? But I'm guessing.
thx. Phenotype was like your violet(df) dark(sf) blue but without the greyish washover. Yeah as i wrote the father was steps darker then the mother. But both haven't showed any sign of violet. Very strange. I was promised one bird of each phenotype. Means one of the mother, one of the father and one of the combined offspring. But this has to wait some years. For now we have made an agreement that the owner should try (and hopefully will do) to breed dubble-factor birds of each parents phenotype. Pretty sure one of the pairing is giving us mauves and the other some kind of violet bird.
Johan S wrote: One of my favourite birds! Blue SL dom. edged misty with/without cinnamon (not sure). That bird in cobalt violet would be one for any collection. Add to that a cobalt violet opaline cleartail, and I think you'd have the two of the most beautiful combinations possible.
Yeah, but they were not exhibited as SL edged birds. :)
Johan S wrote: Another of my favourites. You really spoiled us! I haven't seen such good quality pics of Malabars yet. Any chance of emerald collared parakeets?
I do my best. ;) Yeah very nice birds. regarding the emerald collared parakeets: they were not exhibited. :(

greetings.

madas
madas

Post by madas »

And some more pics:

0,1 NSLino:

0,1 rec. "yellow" (this bird has dark eyes or very dark red eyes then zoomed into the eye :) ):

both together:

Both birds are out of cleartail lines. We know that some cleartail lines are throwing birds with dark eyes (Tienie has one or two). But is it possible that the red eye of a lutino could change to black caused by the same mutation which is producing the black eyes of the non-lutino birds out of cleartail lines???
Btw: the 0,1 rec. "yellow" is showing a slight red shine on the head in the under eye section.

madas
madas

Post by madas »

1,0 opaline greygreen (with a slight pink neckring):

madas

Post by madas »

And some more:

Your thoughts???
Johan S

Post by Johan S »

madas wrote:
Johan S wrote: One of my favourite birds! Blue SL dom. edged misty with/without cinnamon (not sure). That bird in cobalt violet would be one for any collection. Add to that a cobalt violet opaline cleartail, and I think you'd have the two of the most beautiful combinations possible.
Yeah, but they were not exhibited as SL edged birds. :)
What were they called?

As for the last of the new pics. What a strange cock bird. Looks mauve at the neck, but very light blue rump for a mauve.
madas

Post by madas »

Johan S wrote: What were they called?
"Fusi". A new sex-linked incomplete dominant Mutation. :)
We had a big disccusion on this topic here in Germany. Most breeder think it's nothing more then SL edged combined with misty and cinnamon.
But unfortunately no breeder who is owning SL edged was able to exhibit his birds. So we haven't got the chance to compare both expressions. :(
Johan S wrote: As for the last of the new pics. What a strange cock bird. Looks mauve at the neck, but very light blue rump for a mauve.
Do you speak of the last pic with two cleartail birds??? No Mauve on it. ;)
Johan S

Post by Johan S »

Well, if "fusi" is a single mutation, and not a combination of three, I would very much like to have one. Then my dream bird of cobalt violet "fusi" would be much simpler to breed. Only one or two years. :)
madas

Post by madas »

Johan S wrote:Well, if "fusi" is a single mutation, and not a combination of three, I would very much like to have one. Then my dream bird of cobalt violet "fusi" would be much simpler to breed. Only one or two years. :)
Yeah and that's why the knowledge of the cross-over rate between cinnamon and SL edged is very important to know. The breeder said he hasn't breed any normal cinnamon or SL edged bird out of "fusi" males. So if it is a combination then cinnamon and edged must be very close linked. So that they can't be splited easily. But if i remember correct Tienie had a feeling that the crossover rate is high resp. normal (50:50). If it is true then "fusi" could be a single mutation. Time will tell.

The first "fusi" bird was bought by him from a bird trader of Belgium. So no info on the parents.
Johan S

Post by Johan S »

madas wrote:For now we have made an agreement that the owner should try (and hopefully will do) to breed dubble-factor birds of each parents phenotype. Pretty sure one of the pairing is giving us mauves and the other some kind of violet bird.
I completely missed this part, but agree 100% on the mauves and violets.
sheyd

Post by sheyd »

Mada's -thanks for the eye candy- that Greygreen Opaline is one cool looking bird, and the first bird- just wow! you can see the density there even if the colour isn't an accurate depiction, compelling!
sheyd

Post by sheyd »

Ring0Neck wrote: can you see how the color changes according to diff lighting conditions?
it is almost an illusion almost in constant change
http://parakeet.me/irn/f/DSC_0170.jpg
btw this is the darkest chick - see pic below: the 1 on the left 9o'clock in the bucket 12 is an sf violet for reference
http://parakeet.me/irn/f/PICT1005.JPG
I know what you mean about constant change- one of my hen's does that- very confusing, the chicks in the bucket- are they unrelated? what is the one down on the bottom?- which parents, and what mutations do you know of so far for the chicks?

Sorry bout the hoard of questions- just trying to (quickly) understand whom is from whom- :)
Ring0Neck

Post by Ring0Neck »

Shey,

The smaller violet is unrelated i put it there for reference.

I am working on it and will update when i have some concrete info

I'm going to see the breeder i have this bloodline from; tomorrow... might get a few more birds to work with.
He wreckons he has 2012 males in the "PR" color. Can't wait to see it.
I'm an Explorer
Recio

Post by Recio »

madas wrote:First impression. Unfortunately the pic doesn't reflect the full beauty and purple richness of this bird.
I have never seen such bird before.

mother and father (unfortunately no other pic; they were very sprightly); mother was visually lighter compared to the father.

Both parents don't carry the common violet factor. So what am i???
I don't know. :(
Hi great Madas,

Great pics. Thaaaaaanks a loooot!!!

Is the bird a female? Is the father opaline? Look at the father's ring: despite the great amount of psittacin we can see in the wings and saddle area, the ring does not show any red pigment (or really an extremely low amount) and the black part of the ring is wider than usually, just like we can see in opaline males. If the father is opaline and opaline has something to do with the apparent colour of the bird, then this bird must be a female. Is it? I know that the bird does not show the typical opaline wing markings ... but which other mutation does induce an increase in psittacin expression and a wider black ring? Could opaline markings be altered by the presence of other mutations?

Something else: the nails of this bird are not specially dark, but they look ligther than in a wild bird ... this means that, a priori, this is not any (new) melanistic mutation.
Maybe we should try to add Opaline to the different mix of Blue, Deep, Dark and Violet, in order to get darker/purple birds.

Regards

Recio
madas

Post by madas »

Recio wrote: Hi great Madas,

Great pics. Thaaaaaanks a loooot!!!

Is the bird a female? Is the father opaline? Look at the father's ring: despite the great amount of psittacin we can see in the wings and saddle area, the ring does not show any red pigment (or really an extremely low amount) and the black part of the ring is wider than usually, just like we can see in opaline males. If the father is opaline and opaline has something to do with the apparent colour of the bird, then this bird must be a female. Is it? I know that the bird does not show the typical opaline wing markings ... but which other mutation does induce an increase in psittacin expression and a wider black ring? Could opaline markings be altered by the presence of other mutations?

Something else: the nails of this bird are not specially dark, but they look ligther than in a wild bird ... this means that, a priori, this is not any (new) melanistic mutation.
Maybe we should try to add Opaline to the different mix of Blue, Deep, Dark and Violet, in order to get darker/purple birds.

Regards

Recio
thx. No the male isn't a opaline and isn't out of opaline lines. Both parents are split for CHF. The breeder told me he got the same Color in CHF. So i will request a pic.
regarding the wider ringneck. There are some normal male IRNs which are showing wider ringnecks too. It's not a feature which is only specific for opalines. Look into Bastiaans books there are some males with wider ringnecks which were not opalines.

madas
Ring0Neck

Post by Ring0Neck »

Violet Emerald under-wing pic

http://parakeet.me/irn/f/PA255755.JPG

emerald turquoise opaline/ct
http://parakeet.me/irn/f/PA255818.JPG
I'm an Explorer
madas

Post by madas »

Ring0Neck wrote: emerald turquoise opaline/ct
http://parakeet.me/irn/f/PA255818.JPG
Wow, great body head contrast for a Youngster. Any pic of the Opaline father?

thx.
Ring0Neck

Post by Ring0Neck »

Madas, no i don't have pics of parents.
I do have a pic of turq. violet DF pied though
will upload it soon
I'm an Explorer
trabots

Post by trabots »

Violet Emerald under-wing pic
This matches my Violet EmeraldBlue
Ring0Neck

Post by Ring0Neck »

Merry X-mas & Happy Holidays to all !

Here are the 5 young from this pair :

PS: The "yellow" hen will be paired next season to a Lutino male
in 2015 Season i will pair her back to a male from below.

Thus far first 4 birds are Parblues but the 5th hasn't shown any signs of Parblue yet.

1: (this bird is very hard to capture to reflect its true color)

2:

3:

4:

5:

L2R bird 4 & 2 and a turq.blue for reference

I'm an Explorer
Ring0Neck

Post by Ring0Neck »

Edit: Removed Question

Added: It'll be interesting to see if these birds will end up fully covered by the patches & looking forward to see what
yellow X lutino will fetch next season.

Initially i was thinking as suspected the hen to be turquoise indigo
However, all 4 parblue birds are starting to show heavy patching on the saddle area and 1 & 2 on the head as well

in a few weeks they'll color up and it'll be easier to id, the saddle patch is growing by the day.

pic cloudy with mob of 2 n 4

http://parakeet.me/irn/m/em/d/DSC_0861.jpg

the older sister (mothers side) is the pic in my avatar looks grey from a distance, here is a pic of her after moult
her harlequin young compared to Chris's Saddleback

& 2 pics of them 5 when feathering

I'm an Explorer
Ring0Neck

Post by Ring0Neck »

I see red :? well, almost.
A few weeks ago saddle had no yellow/redish coloring, still developing.

This is an offspring of the "yellow" hen's daughter.

Grandmother below:
I remember the yellow hen was a normal looking violet turq. pallid however after the 1 y moult the breeder sold it to me because most of the violet coloring was gone. turning into redish coloring over the last 2 years....
I think Khaki ATM for the yellow hen.

Markus's blue Khaki as posted by Kappa in this thread
http://www.indianringneck.com/forum/vie ... 442#p97937

:idea: We should also look at the saddleback's green violet offspring perhaps Khaki is involved there also.

Thoughts?
I am not asking for confirmation of anything...just your thoughts
As i mentioned previously the yellow hen will be paired to a Lutino male next season which i think is not split for blue and that should give me enough info/data to conclude full genotype.
For anything recessive i will pair her back to this year's young male in 2 years time.

I'm an Explorer
Johan S

Post by Johan S »

Ben, we see a similar orange/brownish colour in our grey turqblue SL edged birds. A similar thing happens when replacing edged with cinnamon in that combination. We should see the same effect in a pied in regions where the pied mutation changes the melanin into a greyish shade with psittacin overlayed.
Ring0Neck

Post by Ring0Neck »

Johan,

Not sure how to interpret your reply as i can read/understand it in a few diff. ways.

I have turq. edged in grey as well, i know what you mean. below turq cinn edged after moult
http://parakeet.me/irn/m/em/d/P1078715.JPG

the diff. i see in pied is the precurors of red: green->yellow->red

** I finally captured the color depth difference between 2 siblings bred by the yellow hen:
full res pics below

http://parakeet.me/irn/m/em/d/P1108946.JPG

& the bird on the right
http://parakeet.me/irn/m/em/d/P1108993.JPG

I'm an Explorer