What mutation?

Moderator: Mods

Skyes_crew

What mutation?

Post by Skyes_crew »

After searching through breeders I've narrowed my search down. This is one of the birds I'm interested in. Can someone please tell me what mutation it is? Thanks :)

I am owned by my birds...and I wouldn't have it any other way :D

Dave Jacas

Re: What mutation?

Post by Dave Jacas »

Hi
Looks like a turquoise blueino popularly call a (creamino)
Mad Max

Post by Mad Max »

Yes I agree looks like a Creamino IE. Turquoise Albino :D
Skyes_crew

Post by Skyes_crew »

Will the bird have more overall yellow as an adult? And if you could choose, would you choose the creamino, a DF violet or a blue lacewing? Thanks :)

Lushen1600

Post by Lushen1600 »

I would choose a DF Violet

Thanks
Lushen
2014 Pairs
Green x Green
DGreen x DBlue
DE Blue/ino x DBlue
Grey/ino x Albino
Pallidino x Lutino
DE Blue Turq x Grey
DE Grey Turq x Blue
Greygreen/cinn x DE Blue Cinn
DE DBlue Turq x Blue Turq CHWT
Blue x DBlue Turq
Blue x Blue Pallid
Lutino/blue x Blue
Skyes_crew

Post by Skyes_crew »

These are the DF violets I'm looking at.

sheyd

Post by sheyd »

Yep, Creamino (Turquoiseblue Ino)

Depends on what your goals are- but yeah, I'd also choose a DF Violet :)
Skyes_crew

Post by Skyes_crew »

If I were going for a violet green...would I pair sf violet X green or DF violet X green. Or do I have it all wrong :)

sheyd

Post by sheyd »

Skyes_crew wrote:If I were going for a violet green...would I pair sf violet X green or DF violet X green. Or do I have it all wrong :)
Why not just buy a VioletGreen? They'll be about the same price as a sfViolet(Blue).

Option 2 will breed 100% sfViolets- but could be of either series as you won't know if the Green bird is split for Blue
Skyes_crew

Post by Skyes_crew »

sheyd wrote:
Why not just buy a VioletGreen? They'll be about the same price as a sfViolet(Blue).

Option 2 will breed 100% sfViolets- but could be of either series as you won't know if the Green bird is split for Blue

I would love to be able to buy one. I seem to live in the land of the idiotic breeder though. No one I speak to has any clue what the parents of the babies are. I'm not anywhere near being able to visually identify most colors. I know the basics. I was lucky to find the one breeder that had violets both sf and df. But when I ask the local breeders about getting certain colors they have no idea what I'm talking about. The one ad for a creamino I saw had the bird listed as a white bird with some yellow. I had to come to this forum to get the bird ID'd because the owner had no idea. I'm a bit frustrated and I'm very OCD so I figure if I want something a certain way, might as well do it myself. So if you could guide me in how to achieve a VioletGreen I would appreciate it. I've bred birds before, but never ringnecks. And I want to breed for the sole purpose of getting a VioletGreen. Thanks :). Melissa

sheyd

Post by sheyd »

Skyes_crew wrote:
sheyd wrote:

I would love to be able to buy one. I seem to live in the land of the idiotic breeder though. No one I speak to has any clue what the parents of the babies are. I'm not anywhere near being able to visually identify most colors. I know the basics. I was lucky to find the one breeder that had violets both sf and df. But when I ask the local breeders about getting certain colors they have no idea what I'm talking about. The one ad for a creamino I saw had the bird listed as a white bird with some yellow. I had to come to this forum to get the bird ID'd because the owner had no idea. I'm a bit frustrated and I'm very OCD so I figure if I want something a certain way, might as well do it myself. So if you could guide me in how to achieve a VioletGreen I would appreciate it. I've bred birds before, but never ringnecks. And I want to breed for the sole purpose of getting a VioletGreen. Thanks :). Melissa
Make sure that wherever you get the bird/s from is reputable breeder..as there are people out there that will deliberately give misinformation to make a sale.
My advise to you (before you go buying) would be to make sure you know the difference between a 'good' sfViolet and a dfViolet, as a 'good' sfViolet could be mistaken for a dfViolet.

option 2 (from you senarios) is the easiest and quickest - but most expensive way of creating a VioletGreen. - GL
trabots

Post by trabots »

These are the DF violets I'm looking at.
Further to good SF Violets and poor DF Violets, the image posted looks to me like DF in front and SF in back.
Skyes_crew

Post by Skyes_crew »

Thank you for all of your advice and insight, it is much appreciated. I will think this over and see if I can come up with what works best for me and the birds.

Mahalo
Melissa

Skyes_crew

Post by Skyes_crew »

Also...can you give me a lesson on identifying the differences between sf and df violets?

Thanks
Melissa

Skyes_crew

Post by Skyes_crew »

I decided on this bird...what do you think? He came home with me today. I named him hamlet. Also how much do these birds normally run? Thanks :)

trabots

Post by trabots »

That bird looks like the darker of the 2 young. You may have a DF Violet Blue judging by the very dark flights.
Skyes_crew

Post by Skyes_crew »

I was told it was a DF Violet, but I usually ask for a second opinion ;)