dominant pied pallid

Moderator: Mods

angeldc77

dominant pied pallid

Post by angeldc77 »

Does anyone have any photos of this genetic combination? Considering my stock and my financials this would be the most inexpensive project and quickest to produce results. That's if I can get at least one pied male split to pallid on the first clutch :?
madas

Re: dominant pied pallid

Post by madas »

angeldc77 wrote:Does anyone have any photos of this genetic combination? Considering my stock and my financials this would be the most inexpensive project and quickest to produce results. That's if I can get at least one pied male split to pallid on the first clutch :?
So what do you expect from such a pair? Dom. pied is a mutation which causes a very light body color including main flight feathers. Pallid is acting in the "same" way. So as result you will get a nearly white bird. So it's much cheaper to breed albino. :D

Dom pied should be combined with violett and cobalt to enhance the contrast between the pied and non pied regions and the contrast between head and body.
Regarding pallid. I have you could choose between pallid and cleartail then by cleartail because it is more attractive then pallid. And that's why i don't own them and will not own them. :)

madas
Recio

Post by Recio »

Hi Angel,

I agree with Madas (dom pied and pallid will both decrease the amount of melanin and produce ligth birds) but this combination has been "working" in my mind for a long time:
Why pallid shows not melanin in the head?
Why SF dom pied does not affect the head feathers and head melanin is not affected?

If I remember correctly Johan has some pics of this combination.

Regards

Recio
angeldc77

Post by angeldc77 »

Well that is why I was asking for photos. To get a better feel on if I should follow through with this idea. So Johan, if you have some pictures, please share :mrgreen:
sheyd

Post by sheyd »

I wouldn't do this combo- as in my head, there will be a 'washed out' pied body, and I assume a Pallid head lol it will look like a bird constantly in moult!

Also, have you seen a homozygous Dom pied? - they look a white bird with a dark head- certainly different- (I bet a DF d.Pied Pallid would also have a white head)

I too would like to see pics to see if I'm right lol :)
Johan S

Post by Johan S »

madas wrote:Dom pied should be combined with violett and cobalt to enhance the contrast between the pied and non pied regions and the contrast between head and body.
Regarding pallid. I have you could choose between pallid and cleartail then by cleartail because it is more attractive then pallid. And that's why i don't own them and will not own them. :)

madas
My friend, that is the first thing you've said I don't agree with. Nothing wrong with pallid. I think they are very underrated. Added to that, if you want a violet or cobalt dom. pied, go out and buy one. Everybody with dom. pied seems to be doing that almost exclusively. If we don't experiment, we would not have seen interesting things like CinnamonIno crossovers and also the very interesting dom. edged dilute combo, which turns out to behave a bit differently than what one expects.

Recio, I don't own pics of dom. pied pallids, but of adm recessive pied pallids. But they are also interesting.
Recio

Post by Recio »

angeldc77 wrote:Does anyone have any photos of this genetic combination? Considering my stock and my financials this would be the most inexpensive project and quickest to produce results. That's if I can get at least one pied male split to pallid on the first clutch :?
... and you could get a dom pied pallid female in the first clutch from a pallid male and a dom pied female.

@ Johan : my bad memory ... anyway could you post the rec pied pallid?

Recio
Ring0Neck

Post by Ring0Neck »

Johan I also want to see some Pics Please !!
Farzz1

Post by Farzz1 »

Hi
I have some pics can somebody help me upload them?
Many thanks
sheyd

Post by sheyd »

You can send them to me if you want :)
madas

Post by madas »

Johan S wrote: Nothing wrong with pallid. I think they are very underrated.
Hm, nothing wrong with it? First it's very hard to find a good quality. Most pallid birds show a very light phenotype because they were breed to ino. And it is a known fact that pallids breed over ino get lighter in the next generation. A bad quality pallid could easy be mistaken for a good quality palldIno. And for me it makes no sence to breed pallidInos. They lost the Beauty of a true pallid and the Beauty of a true lutino. For Research purposes it was ok to test breed both together. But that's it. Pallids should be breed with pallids and inos with inos. :)
Second as a result you have to test breed every "light" colored pallid male to be sure it isn't a pallidino.
Third it will took years to bring back the lighter pallids towards a "true", good quality pallid.

Here is a pic of a good quality pallid:

And as said before: if i could choose between pallid and cleartail then i would always taken the cleartail. And you?
So why taking "only" the yellow resp. White head if you can get a bird which is showing the same contrast but in more regions at the body.

But this doesn't mean that a good quality pallid isn't a nice bird.
Johan S wrote: Added to that, if you want a violet or cobalt dom. pied, go out and buy one.
Why? If i could get a dom. pied then i would buy a dom. pied blue or green /blue and pair it to the "right" bird and breed them by my own.
Johan S wrote: Everybody with dom. pied seems to be doing that almost exclusively.
If you could own a dom. pied you would do it in the same way for the first two or three years. It's the old money game. If you paid a lot of money for a dom. pied so why waste time and pair it to a pallid? In S.A. there are the matching birds (you own them :) ) to get dom. pieds in cobalt violet for the first breeding season. And because you are dealing with a dominant mutation it is that hard.
madas

Post by madas »

molossus wrote: olive/blue hen
One breeder has understood how to mate birds in the right way. :mrgreen:
Willy would be proud. :D

madas
angeldc77

Post by angeldc77 »

The pic on my avatar is of my turquoise pallid, which I believe to be of good quality coming from two turquoise blue pallids. So there is a chance of her being double factor(if you will) turquoise. I know she shows deeper color than any other turquoise pallid I have seen in person. I feel it is all a matter of opinion when taking into account the vast beauty of the wonderful pallet of colors being discovered on the Indian ringnecks. Some artist prefer the rich colors of oil paintings while others choose the soft more transparent watercolors. Is one better than the other?? I believe it is all in the eye of the beholder. Pics please :mrgreen:
sheyd

Post by sheyd »

images for farzz:

sheyd

Post by sheyd »

Nice Green D.Pied Pallid-

imo Pallid looks better on green series birds as they seem to 'hold' their colour better than the blue series do- don't know enough about D.Pied (in the Green series) to make a comment, but am guessing it would hold true for them too?
trabots

Post by trabots »

Pallid, CH Fallow, Cinnamon, Dom. Pied all seem to bleach out Blue series birds yet leave Green series with far more colour intensity. Recio, Deon, Stefan or others who may know, what is it with psitticin pigments and melanin? It seems that with the absence of psitticins in these mutations the melanin is also greatly reduced but much higher melanin levels are retained in Green series. Is this the case with Edged or Dilute Blue series birds also? Conversely in the CHCT, also a Fallow according to Deon, the melanin is slightly increased even in Blue series birds.
Farzz1

Post by Farzz1 »

Hi
I agree the intensity in the green series shows so much of pied and the pallid. The emerald dominant pied also shows a lot of intensity and is very distinctive, I do not have the pied in the salan series i.e. pallid therefore I cannot comment (but working on them)
Thanks
madas

Post by madas »

Pics of rec. pied pallid violet blue:

angeldc77

Post by angeldc77 »

Thanks for the pics.