colour terms please

Moderator: Mods

babygirl

colour terms please

Post by babygirl »

hi
i have been trying to research IRNs and have troubles finding good reading that explains many of the colour terms etc. like Cobalt and lacewing. etc. thanks
sheyd

Re: colour terms please

Post by sheyd »

Hi there- it can get pretty confusing when different names are used to describe the same mutation/s

I like this one for beginners, as it has a good range of basic mutations with both old and new names: http://psittacula-world.com/EN/Mutations/P-krameri.htm
babygirl

Post by babygirl »

so is Cobalt just Dark Blue?
and i still see no description for lacewing! :?
Johan S

Post by Johan S »

Lacewing = pallid
sheyd

Post by sheyd »

babygirl wrote:so is Cobalt just Dark Blue?
and i still see no description for lacewing! :?
1 Dark(factor) on Blue = Cobalt
And
2 Dark(factors) on Blue = Mauve

For a single Dark factored (Blue) bird, you can call it either a Cobalt or a Dark Blue (both are correct).

And as Johan has already said- lacewing IS Pallid :)
trabots

Post by trabots »

I like this one for beginners, as it has a good range of basic mutations with both old and new names: http://psittacula-world.com/EN/Mutations/P-krameri.htm
Keep in mind that this website was started before the IndigoBlue was confirmed. Many of the pictured TurquoiseBlue birds are obvious IndigoBlues.
sheyd

Post by sheyd »

Yeah, I've noticed that- which is why there needs to be a new updated one (whatever happened to that project???)
babygirl

Post by babygirl »

so at the risk of sounding like a tool. from the web site above when i read over it. I have two cock birds both i was told yellow so (lutino) they both have a green or aqua through their tail etc like a wash. which kinda makes them look more electric yellow or fluro yellow not as dark as the other Lutino female i have or the others ive seen.
Would this make them not Lutino but infact Pallid-ino?
sheyd

Post by sheyd »

Sounds like it- do you have a picture?
babygirl

Post by babygirl »

I do but I can't seem to post it. keep being told its to spamy for a beginner or something! :?
babygirl

Post by babygirl »

I seem to have managed to add the photo as a signature. (after hours of trying) hope that helps :D
sheyd

Post by sheyd »

Yep, he's a Green Pallidino :)
angeldc77

Post by angeldc77 »

I thought a pallidino would have a dark ring coming from the beak. That ring kind of represents a lutino more than a pallidino. My lutinos would show a green sheen under certain lighting conditions, much the same way an albino will show a blue sheen.
sheyd

Post by sheyd »

babygirl wrote:so at the risk of sounding like a tool. from the web site above when i read over it. I have two cock birds both i was told yellow so (lutino) they both have a green or aqua through their tail etc like a wash. which kinda makes them look more electric yellow or fluro yellow not as dark as the other Lutino female i have or the others ive seen.
Would this make them not Lutino but infact Pallid-ino?
angeldc77 wrote:I thought a pallidino would have a dark ring coming from the beak. That ring kind of represents a lutino more than a pallidino. My lutinos would show a green sheen under certain lighting conditions, much the same way an albino will show a blue sheen.
Admittedly, I only saw the pic on my mobile in which it looked as though it had a grey and pink ring- (am now on computer- but pic has gone so can't determine this) but the above (in bold) statement does make it sound as though there is not just Ino at play.

Edit- can see picture again and yeah, I still think Pallidino- however would like to see some without flash to be certain.
babygirl

Post by babygirl »

ok I will try to get better photos without flash. in person the aqua like green is more noticeable in the tail etc. than this photo. the hen I have is more of a dark block like yellow. in person his eye isn't red either the pupil is black and the other part of the iris is blue.
sheyd

Post by sheyd »

you may not be able to post them yet- but you should be able to pm them to me (if you want) without troubles :)