Greygreen male/grey female

Moderator: Mods

sarbee42

Greygreen male/grey female

Post by sarbee42 »

Just wondering what color the babies might be from my greygreen male with a grey female. They've just started laying. Also, are their any colors the parents could be hiding?
Dave Jacas

Re: Greygreen male/grey female

Post by Dave Jacas »

Hi
Greygreen male to Greyblue female, you would get greygreen/blue in (df)and(sf) and green/blue in both male and female if they are not split to any other colour.you would have know the parents to know if they are split to any other colour
sarbee42

Post by sarbee42 »

Thanks! I do not know what the parent colors of them would be so I have no idea of any hidden colors.
Do you have any phots of greygreen/blue? Just wondering if I should keep any babies from this batch for future breeding..?
sheyd

Post by sheyd »

sarbee42 wrote:Thanks! I do not know what the parent colors of them would be so I have no idea of any hidden colors.
Do you have any phots of greygreen/blue? Just wondering if I should keep any babies from this batch for future breeding..?
A Greygreen split for blue looks just like any other (Greygreen). :)
sarbee42

Post by sarbee42 »

Thanks! Guess I'll have to wait and see. The hen is sitting on four eggs now with her last being laid Sunday. All look to be clear but I'll check them again this coming Monday night and see again. (the first egg would be 2 weeks old at that point and the last would be 8days old).
Hoping for the best! If they're all infertile should I just take them out and see if she'll lay again or just leave them? Its her first time laying and she is now pretty stuck on sitting on her eggs.