Id this bird

Moderator: Mods

Dave Jacas

Id this bird

Post by Dave Jacas »

Hi
Last edited by Dave Jacas on Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dave Jacas

Re: Id this bird please

Post by Dave Jacas »

I recently purchase this female parent unknow i think she is a turquoise cinnamon am i right :?:Image
Sherjil

Re: Id this bird please

Post by Sherjil »

Dave Jacas wrote:I recently purchase this female parent unknow i think she is a turquoise cinnamon am i right :?:Image
The head is lighter than body so I take it as a pallid. It has that yellowish tinge on its head and wings which indicates a turquoise as well and the base color seems greyish so I think its a turquoise grey pallid.
SCB 22

Re: Id this bird

Post by SCB 22 »

What colour are the feet? cinnamon colouring is indicated in the skin and nail colour
Dave Jacas

Post by Dave Jacas »

Hi
The base colour is blue. I have seen normal blue pallid and the head is lighter than the body in colour almost white, i don`t know if the turquoise darken the head :?:
Dave Jacas

Post by Dave Jacas »

The feet are flesh colour and nails are light in colour. they are very similar to the feet of a female cinnamon that i have
Sherjil

Post by Sherjil »

Dave Jacas wrote:Hi
The base colour is blue. I have seen normal blue pallid and the head is lighter than the body in colour almost white, i don`t know if the turquoise darken the head :?:
Hi ;

May be it is due to the background light effect that the head seems lighter than body and the bird seems grey. You are the better judge as you can see it in actual.

turquoise in blue pallids will turn the whitsh looking head to light yellow.
Dave Jacas

Post by Dave Jacas »

Hi,
maybe the light change the appearance of the base colour. but i was wondering if the effect of cinnamon would also give it`s head the yellowish look,here is a picture from a different angle
Sherjil

Post by Sherjil »

Dave Jacas wrote:Hi,
maybe the light change the appearance of the base colour. but i was wondering if the effect of cinnamon would also give it`s head the yellowish look,here is a picture from a different angle
Definitely not a cinnamon from this angle. It is a turquoise blue pallid.
Dave Jacas

Post by Dave Jacas »

Hi
Sherjil thank you. you have been of great help to me,very happy to know that it`s a pallid 8)