Is their a visual difference

Moderator: Mods

Dave Jacas

Is their a visual difference

Post by Dave Jacas »

I bought a Albino recently, gender unknow the parents being male greygreen/blue/ino female blueino.When entered in the calculator the result shows that you would get blueino,greyino and bluegrey ino, how can you tell the difference without breeding.
Mad Max

Re: Is their a visual difference

Post by Mad Max »

I dont think you will be able to tell the diffrence unless you test breed.

If you go to direct sunlight with the bird you might see a tinge of colour on the rump of the bird
Dave Jacas

Post by Dave Jacas »

I thought albino appeared to be all white in colour. What tinge of colour should i be looking for,and what does this colour if any means?
madas

Post by madas »

Dave Jacas wrote:I bought a Albino recently, gender unknow the parents being male greygreen/blue/ino female blueino.When entered in the calculator the result shows that you would get blueino,greyino and bluegrey ino, how can you tell the difference without breeding.
blue ino = Albino
grey ino = Lutino
blue grey ino = Albino

So between blue ino and grey ino you can distinct visually. Between blue ino and blue grey ino you can't really. A common opinion is that a blue ino (albino) is showing some kind of bluish hue/sheen. With adding grey this bluish sheen is/should be gone. But to be 100% sure you need to test breed the bird.

madas
Dave Jacas

Post by Dave Jacas »

Madas thanks alot. I was a bit confused with the greyino you have been a great help to me
madas

Post by madas »

Dave Jacas wrote:Madas thanks alot. I was a bit confused with the greyino you have been a great help to me
Thx. To add one more fact. Ino (lutino) is masking grey, violet and dark nearly complete (lets say 99,5% :) ).

madas