Purple Ringy

Moderator: Mods

trabots

Purple Ringy

Post by trabots »

What do you think this one is, I havn't a clue but trying hard to find out. Sent to me today.

[img]http://i1305.photobucket.com/album ... .jpg[/img]
rod038

Re: Purple Ringy

Post by rod038 »

This bird was bred by Maxine Boaden and the photo was on an Indian Ringneck Group on Facebook.

This is what she said when someone asked if it had been photo shopped.

"I show these birds around the sales in the flesh so again for the 1000000th time , no camera tricks !! These are not just violet , they are violet cobalts !! Always on display at our table is a blue, cobalt, violet, violet cobalt and then the tail birds ! I have no idea why others do not look the same but all these birds have been produced from mauve to DF violet cocks !!! There is no argument as to there breeding !!"
Ring0Neck

Post by Ring0Neck »

Willy,

My first thought. for sure violet & cobalt colors and perhaps violet df
Is the bird next to him a cobalt tail bird? if it is only a blue h&t then it is the camera, the way the picture was taken.

Colors are very sharp , too sharp

trabots

Post by trabots »

Sorry about the false hope. The quote by Rod038 has certainly demolished my excitement. It isn't real or we would have heard about it surely. If the colour is real, then she is sure missing an opportunity as no Violet Cobalt I have ever seen or bred looks like that in the flesh.
sheyd

Post by sheyd »

didn't she say, that grey was used to help make the colour also? I could never understand what was meant by that.
minivip2001

Post by minivip2001 »

hello .... I am krameri parakeet breeder .... and also a photographer ... pappagali picture is edited with photoshop ..... hello ... from Italy ...... sorry for my English. :mrgreen:
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

here are the 3 combinations that will appear purple

trabots

Post by trabots »

here are the 3 combinations that will appear purple
And if we add Deep there are 10 combinations which will appear 'purple' but none will look like Boeden's doctored image.

Dark Violet Blue
Dark DF Violet Blue
Deep Violet Blue
Deep DF Violet Blue
DF Deep Violet Blue
DF Deep DF Violet Blue
Dark Deep Violet Blue
Dark Deep DF Violet Blue
Dark DF Deep Violet Blue
Dark DF Deep DF Violet Blue

This last one is the holy grail, to get 5 structural genes into one bird. Obviously a second Dark gene will wreck everything. If we then add the black beak/nail mutation being developed in SA and assuming it has homo and hetero forms we get to 30 combos and etc etc
willowisp71

Post by willowisp71 »

I thought I might add my input on the 'purple' bird trabots posted here.

Below is a pic of my 4 month old sf violet blue hen, taken about a month ago. Obviously not being mature and been through a couple of moults yet, she may not be the best example to use, but I've posted 3 of the same pic, showing difference in colour due to editing :)

Unedited pic (does not show ACTUAL colour of bird):

This is a more accurate representation of her colour - slight increase in contrast, saturation and hue:

And a larger increase in the hue to make her more 'purple':

Although the pic trabots posted has now been removed, I have come across it on the FB page Rod mentioned earlier. Although I don't believe the owner of the pic has 'played' with the settings of the pic, I think it is possible that light conditions and camera settings have perhaps made the bird look stronger in hue than it might actually be. But without having the bird in front of our own eyes, it is a hard call :)
Regards Deb
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

My breeding partner is almost @ the Holy Grail

Dark Deep DF Violet Blue

trabots

Post by trabots »

Beautiful dark bird Prodigy but what Deep Blue is involved? Parents were? There is still confusion over whether Deep is actually in SA. The birds in Oz are the reference bird because I named them Deep Blue after finding the DF Deep Blue, thus confirming a different mutation. It would sure help things if your Deep Blues could be photographed alongside Blue and/or Cobalt. One then only has to adjust the image to be the same as the known Blue or Cobalt in my pics to compare the Deep Blues. Conversely adjust the images I have posted with yours and let us know the result. They both have to be flash or non flash to compare like with like.
trabots

Post by trabots »