help ..mutation

Moderator: Mods

dwaine

help ..mutation

Post by dwaine »

hii all ..
am want to know what mutation would i get with a green split to lutino and a normal green ?
rod038

Re: help ..mutation

Post by rod038 »

You can get Green in Cocks and Hens as well as Lutino Hens. Some of the Cocks could be split to Lutino.
dwaine

Post by dwaine »

wht color should i used to get blue ones ??
willowisp71

Post by willowisp71 »

If your cock was split to blue ino (rather than just lutino) and your hen was split to blue, you could get blue and green cocks, and blue, green, Lutino and albino hens.
Blue is recessive, so it needs to be present in both male and female, whether visually or split to (unseen), to get VISUALLY blue chicks.

IE, Green/blue cock x Green/blue hen = green, green/blue and blue cocks and hens
Or Blue cock x Blue hen = 100% blue chicks
or Blue cock x Grey hen (greys(sf)blue) = grey and blue cocks and hens
or Grey cock x Blue hen = grey and blue chicks

Those are just using very basic mutations. Another example where you can get blue chicks is:
Blue violet (sf) cock x blue hen = blue and blue violet (sf) in both cocks and hens.

So if your cock and hen are not both split to blue, they won't give you any blue chicks. You could test breed your green hen with a blue series cock to see if she is split to blue, but it could take a couple of breeding seasons to prove this. If your cock is split only to lutino (yellow), I don't think you can pair him to anything that will give you blue, but I could be wrong on that....I've tried a heap of different combo's on the GenCalc and haven't been able to come up with blue offspring for him if he's just green split lutino. You could test breed him to a blue hen to find out if he is split to blue as well, but again, it's a time factor.

If you really want to breed blue babies, probably best to invest in another pair that come from the blue series, eg bluexblue, greyxblue, greyxalbino, bluexalbino, bluexgreen/blue, bluex(sf)violet etc, etc.

Hope this helps :D
Regards Deb
dwaine

Post by dwaine »

willowisp71 wrote:If your cock was split to blue ino (rather than just lutino) and your hen was split to blue, you could get blue and green cocks, and blue, green, Lutino and albino hens.
Blue is recessive, so it needs to be present in both male and female, whether visually or split to (unseen), to get VISUALLY blue chicks.

IE, Green/blue cock x Green/blue hen = green, green/blue and blue cocks and hens
Or Blue cock x Blue hen = 100% blue chicks
or Blue cock x Grey hen (greys(sf)blue) = grey and blue cocks and hens
or Grey cock x Blue hen = grey and blue chicks

Those are just using very basic mutations. Another example where you can get blue chicks is:
Blue violet (sf) cock x blue hen = blue and blue violet (sf) in both cocks and hens.

So if your cock and hen are not both split to blue, they won't give you any blue chicks. You could test breed your green hen with a blue series cock to see if she is split to blue, but it could take a couple of breeding seasons to prove this. If your cock is split only to lutino (yellow), I don't think you can pair him to anything that will give you blue, but I could be wrong on that....I've tried a heap of different combo's on the GenCalc and haven't been able to come up with blue offspring for him if he's just green split lutino. You could test breed him to a blue hen to find out if he is split to blue as well, but again, it's a time factor.

If you really want to breed blue babies, probably best to invest in another pair that come from the blue series, eg bluexblue, greyxblue, greyxalbino, bluexalbino, bluexgreen/blue, bluex(sf)violet etc, etc.

Hope this helps :D
on wht site u search this ..
pls give me a link ?
willowisp71

Post by willowisp71 »

Everything I've learnt about how to use the Genetic Calculator has come from the thread I've posted below, that Lushen started to help newbies like me understand at least the basic's of how IRN genetics work....once you've got your head around the basics, it's not too hard to advance up to the more unusual mutations.
The thread also contains a link to the Genetic Calculator, plus another 5 or 6 links to other very helpful pages on understanding how IRN mutations work.

http://www.indianringneck.com/forum/vie ... 26&t=15669

If you're looking at getting into breeding IRN's, then I highly recommend you read this thread, and all the page links Lushen has directed us to read......once you have, the penny will drop, and you'll never look back. Beware though - this genetics game is highly addictive!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Regards Deb