Odd baby in the group, thoughts on why or the gender??

Moderator: Mods

millyz_madness

Odd baby in the group, thoughts on why or the gender??

Post by millyz_madness »

Hi maybe somebody on here could shed some light on a question I have about my new baby IRN. She/he is what appears to be a green lacewing. The mother is green, father is blue and they produced 4 chicks in the clutch: 3 green and my baby green lacewing (limey green with yellow head and yellow lace on the green wings and RED eyes). we have no info on the grandparEnts.
My friend who is hand raising the four babies has sent away to get th birds DNA tests and should know the genders by tomorrow or Tuesday.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance
Mel
rod038

Re: Odd baby in the group, thoughts on why or the gender??

Post by rod038 »

If the Mother is a Normal Green and the Father a Normal Blue to look at and your Chick is in fact a Lacewing then the only way this could happen was if the Father was split to Lacewing. Your chick will be a Hen and it will also be split to Blue
millyz_madness

Post by millyz_madness »

Thanks for the reply! Hopefully the Results of the DNA test will be back tomorrow so I will be able to let u know either way :)

Thanks again
Mel.

Ps the colour is a Fluro like like green with a yellow head and tail and stripes of yellow and the green on the wings (like the lacewing). Chick is only around 9 weeks old and seems to be getting more green as it ages
millyz_madness

Post by millyz_madness »

rod038 wrote:If the Mother is a Normal Green and the Father a Normal Blue to look at and your Chick is in fact a Lacewing then the only way this could happen was if the Father was split to Lacewing. Your chick will be a Hen and it will also be split to Blue
Just got the DNA results back and my baby is a ...... GIRL :) so you are correct I'd say rod :)