Aonther genteics question

Moderator: Mods

seenzie

Aonther genteics question

Post by seenzie »

I have a blue lacewing hen who came from bad roots i have fattened her up and she is looking better than ever. I have been reluctant to breed her due to her rough start but this year as the others were pairing off i began to feel extremely sad and sorry for poor old Trooper so i am seriosly considering getting a mate for her next season (which is some time away her in Aus) but i havent been successful in researching colours and what would give us the most beautiful offspring. Suggestions (with anticipated results) would be appreciated
Cheers
Serena :wink:
rod038

Re: Aonther genteics question

Post by rod038 »

Being a Female Lacewing you would be best to get a Male Lacewing otherwise any birds bred wont be Lacewings. I would get a Pastel Grey Lacewing or if you cant find one a Pastel Blue Lacewing. The Pastel Grey will breed you Pastel Grey, Pastel Blue, Grey and Blue Lacewings in both sexes. The Pastel Blue will breed you Pastel Blue and Blue Lacewings. If you could afford a Pastel Violet lacewing that would be another good option as that would breed you Pastel Violet, Pastel Blue, Violet and Blue Lacewings again in both sexes.
A Lutino split Blue would give you a few nice colours too.
seenzie

Re: Aonther genteics question

Post by seenzie »

thank you so much for your advice. :)