Double Factor Violetcobalts

Moderator: Mods

mallee_1

Double Factor Violetcobalts

Post by mallee_1 »

Hi All,

This may be one for Madas, is there anyway you can pick the difference between DF Violetblue and DF Violetcobalts.

Parents Violetcobalt x DF Violetblue, I can workout what outcomes but how would you distinguish between the two if both carrying DF Violet.

Would it be easier to pick colour differences in the nest or when young fledge.

Anyone who can help out it would be appreciated.

Regards Glenn
Johan S

Re: Double Factor Violetcobalts

Post by Johan S »

Glenn, you'll be able to tell the difference between them in the nest if you are lucky enough to get different phenotypes, and as a last resort by comparing them as young fledglings when sitting next to their parents.
madas

Post by madas »

Hi Glenn,

the violet(df)cobalt offspring should be easy to identify (a very dark (may be greyish) violet bird). Even more if they sit on the perch next to thier parents.
The harder part of identification should be the distinction between violetcobalt and violet(df)blue. Do you have a pic
of the parents sitting side by side?

madas
mallee_1

Post by mallee_1 »

Hi Madas,

You wouldn't by chance have a photo of a DF Violetcobalt that you could share?

I am having trouble working out how to post pictures and given up!!!

Regards Glenn
Ring0Neck

Post by Ring0Neck »

Glenn,

How to post pics: Read the last post, there's a link read it:
http://www.indianringneck.com/forum/vie ... =5&t=15844

Otherwise email pics to me or someone to upload them for you.

Ben
trabots

Post by trabots »

It seems that this forum website needs the images reduced in size in order to attach without exceeding the post limit. If so that is a real shame. If not could someone please show how? Cheers.
sheyd

Post by sheyd »

did you upload them to a place like photobucket first?
Johan S

Post by Johan S »

trabots wrote:It seems that this forum website needs the images reduced in size in order to attach without exceeding the post limit. If so that is a real shame. If not could someone please show how? Cheers.
@Recio, could you please forward the instructions I sent you to Willy's email?
Recio

Post by Recio »

Hi everybody,
This is the paste and copy instructions from Johan on how to post pics:

OK, there will be three parts. Remember, Part A you will need to do only once, but Part B and C will be repeated every time you want to upload. It looks very difficult, but you'll see it is actually easy and intuitive.

Part A: Creating an account.
Part B: Getting your pictures on the internet
Part C: Linking your forum posts to those pictures.

So, lets start with Part A
1) You need to go over to http://www.photobucket.com
2) When the page has loaded, look on the right hand side for "New to Photobucket?" Below that, click on the "Sign Up For Free" button.
3) The "Create your Photobucket Account" page is going to load up. Fill in the details and press the "Sign up button"
4) ? OK, so I'm not exactly sure what is going to happen after this, but it is the same steps when signing up. I think there is a confirmation email involved where you have to click a link. So just follow the steps. If you get stuck here, I will create a 'fake' account and see the exact steps and tell you what to do. But try it first.

OK, so hopefully the account is sorted out.
Part B:
1) Go to http://www.photobucket.com
2) Now you have to log in to the account. When the page has loaded, look on the right hand side for the box where you fill in your username (the one you selected to use in A.3) and password.
3) If you are successful, your own personal 'Recio page' will load up. Top left look for "Library". Hold your mouse cursor over it, and new options will appear. Click "Create Album".
4) A new window will appear. Fill in the details.
4.1) This album name might be "parblues" or "Creamino" or whatever you want.
4.2) Give it a description if you want.
4.3) NB: At the bottom you will see "Add this Album to the existing Album". Click on the button just below that and select "Library". This is actually the only step that isn't intuitive.
4.4) Click the "Create" button

You new album will load up but will be empty. Lets fix that! :)
5) You will see in the top/middle a blue "Upload" button. Now go ahead and click that.
6) A new page appears. Open up your Windows Explorer / My computer and go to the files that you want to upload. Select the files in Explorer/My Computer. Click them and drag them to the webpage into the box (dashed lines), then drop them on the text "Drag n' drop your files...".
7) The order of the pictures isn't important here, so when all the pictures are there, click the upload button and wait for the process to complete.

Congratulations, you now have pictures on the internet! :D

So, we can continue with Part C.
8) First, we have to find the "address" of your picture. So you will "navigate" your own Recio webpage until you have the picture open. Follow these steps
8.1) Go back to Photobucket and click on "Library" at the top of your page. All your libraries will show.
8.2) Select the library you want to use by clicking on the picture of that library. The selected library will open and show all the pictures in the library.
8.3) Click the picture you want to use in the forum and wait for the page to open with the large version of the picture.
8.4) This is the difficult part. On the right hand side, note the block with the name "Image Links". This is the "internet address" where your picture stays. In that box, there is a button that says "Direct Link". And next to that the, address. Click on the part that says "http:// ... ". It will flash yellow and say "Copied". Success!

8.5) Go to the forum (any forum works this way). Then navigate to where you want to respond. Now when you type a response, right above the area where you type you will see some "buttons". One of them is "Img". Click that. You will notice in the area where you type your response, a new "tag" is inserted. It looks like this ->
8.6) You need to put your photo's internet address inbetween those "tags". You already "copied" the address, so right click with your mouse between the tags and then select "paste". You should have something looking like this -> Image
8.7) Quickly test whether it looks OK. You do this below the response window by clicking on "Preview"
8.8) If you are happy, you can continue uploading the next picture by starting again at 8.1) to select the new one.
8.9) Once finished, click the "Submit" button on the forum and your post will have pictures.

Recio
trabots

Post by trabots »

I got to the very last part and after I had pasted the address for my image and then 'preview' I got this message???

Your post looks too spamy for a new user, please remove off-site URLs.
willowisp71

Post by willowisp71 »

Ahh! trabots.......you have only made 7 posts! You have to have made 10 posts and been a member for more than 5 days to post pics :) Make a few more posts and you should be set to go :D
Regards Deb
trabots

Post by trabots »

here is one more post. Thanks Deb.
Recio

Post by Recio »

Come on Willy .... do another one.

Recio
McmillanBirds

Post by McmillanBirds »

Something you can do in the interim before you can post links etc is:

www(dot)indianringneck.com

Just change 1 or 2 of the punctuations to words, we can then type in the links ourselves for now :)

Regards
Carmen
trabots

Post by trabots »

ok
trabots

Post by trabots »

1 MORE 2 GO
trabots