Please what colour is my IRN?

Moderator: Mods

AmyJoy

Please what colour is my IRN?

Post by AmyJoy »

I have placed a few comments here and there on the forum about the colour of my bird but I was hoping someone could give me some more guidance.

I originally thought my IRN was an albino. I was told it was an albino by the breeder although I've had my suspicions.

At first glance my IRN looks albino/ pure white, but he has blue eyes and light pink feet. Yesterday I asked a professional at a pet store if my IRN is albino because of its blue eyes, and he said no. I wasn't able to ask much else as the store was busy.

Also I've noticed that he sometimes has an almost pearlescent very light blue tinge to his tail, back and wings. Originally I thought this could just be a reflection of something on his white feathers, but I have taken him into different rooms and outside and he still has this extremely light pearlescent blue tinge. You wouldn't notice it if you weren't looking and it won't show up in photos (can't post one anyway because I'm new).

So does anyone have any ideas?
Ring0Neck

Re: Please what colour is my IRN?

Post by Ring0Neck »

Hi,

Do you have any info on the parents?
How old is the bird? did it breed ?

there is such birds as the one you're describing, non INO but hard to tell without more info & pic
AmyJoy

Post by AmyJoy »

The parents were both green. I'm not sure what kind of mutations etc. I just remember them both being very green. They had 5 babies and all were white which is making me think albino? It's kind of weird. I'll be able to put a pic up once I'm allowed to but in photos he just looks white. I'm unable to get an angle where the pearlescent blue shows up. Do you have any idea what colour he could be?
Thank you! :D
AmyJoy

Post by AmyJoy »

Oh he is nearly 1 year old
Ring0Neck

Post by Ring0Neck »

Not sure...

From 2 green birds it is almost impossible to get 5 white colored on current mutations in one nest.

Back to parents:
Cockbird could be light phase pallid or pallidino in which case to have al 5 colored white, parents have to be green pallids split blue and male to be split ino or be a pallidino
and somehow to breed 5 pallidinos & albinos combined which is quiet hard (but possible) .

this is the only scenario that i see as possible, based on info you have.
The more info you get about the parents the more you going to know about your young bird.
Like: what did this pair breed the previous season? all whites? did they all (young) have dark eyes or was there red also?

For now my best guess is that he is a Light phase Blue Pallidino Cock, it can not be a hen.

PS. As Rod suggested on the other post Cinnamon can help in washing out the coloring of the bird making it lighter.

PS. Look at his head, it should be white without the blue tinge through it.
Video of a blue pallidino http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tOlbIEhMKc

This is a Blue Pallidino - Image

AmyJoy

Post by AmyJoy »

Thank you!

I'll have to try and get some more info on the parents. I remember them being green but I didn't have a really hard look at them. People have said that maybe they weren't their parents. But the breeders only had the one pair of Indian Ringnecks and they were green.
His head is very light with no tinge of colour.
I remember the breeders being very surprised at their pair producing 5 whites. They said it was odd.
Thank you for the information :D
AmyJoy

Post by AmyJoy »

This Image (If it worked) is of his eye colour.

This is of his colour at PRESENT...He has been slowly changing colour. I'm wondering if he will get darker.

This is him at about 4-5 months old (7-8 months ago) You can't see his eye colour because his pupils are too dilated but they were blue. In this picture he decided he wanted one of my cockatiels feathers so he took one and then tried to look innocent when I asked him where he got it from haha.

Yes the 5 whites were all from the same clutch. Is this really weird? Does this mean he is probably not albino? I've lost contact with the breeders. Maybe I'll have to pay them a visit?
AmyJoy

Post by AmyJoy »

Here are some larger pics (didn't realise they would come out so small)

Ring0Neck

Post by Ring0Neck »

Yes the 5 whites were all from the same clutch. Is this really weird? Does this mean he is probably not albino?
Yes it is wierd, if the parents indeed were both green looking, it defies the logic of averages

No it is not an albino. but close
my guess is that parents were:
Male: Green pallid (lacewing) split INO split blue
Hen: Green Pallid split blue

Therefore your young bird should be a Light phase Blue Pallidino

in saying that, if i am right in the above, you will breed Albino hens from him.
could also be another mutation playing a role, like an edge, dilute etc but we won't go into that as it is unlikely since these birds are rare.

Another pic (next post) i found of pallidino
Once your bird goes through a moult changing feathers it can become bluer.

Last edited by Ring0Neck on Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AmyJoy

Post by AmyJoy »

Thank you!

In regards to his feathers becoming bluer when he moults. The smaller ones underneath his body are alot bluer than his larger feathers as many of these have moulted already. I couldn't get a picture of underneath him as he gets angry if anything approaches him from that angle. But you can see down near his feet that they are bluer.

Will he get a ring? Or do blue pallidinos not get a ring?

I don't think your image worked?

Thank you so much for the info!
AmyJoy

Post by AmyJoy »

Wait the image did show up... Just took it's time :D
Ring0Neck

Post by Ring0Neck »

Image open here: http://www.halsbandparkiet.nl/Vogels/Pa ... 0Blauw.jpg

He will get a ring

Rump area under wings start of tail should have quiet a bit of blue.
AmyJoy

Post by AmyJoy »

He does look alot like that picture :D ... Can't wait until he shows a little more blue.

Thanks again :D
Lushen1600

Post by Lushen1600 »

Hi sorry for stirring the pot here and adding more confusion but wanted to know if its possible for the parents to be

PallidIno cinnamon/blue Cock
Paliid cinnamon/blue Hen

So with this the results will be as follows

1.0 pallidIno cinnamon /blue
x 0.1 pallid cinnamon /blue
% from all 1.0
12.5% 1.0 green pallid cinnamon
25.0% 1.0 green pallid cinnamon /blue
12.5% 1.0 blue pallid cinnamon
12.5% 1.0 green pallidIno cinnamon
25.0% 1.0 green pallidIno cinnamon /blue
12.5% 1.0 blue pallidIno cinnamon. <----- this could be your bird
% from all 0.1
12.5% 0.1 ino cinnamon
25.0% 0.1 ino cinnamon /blue
12.5% 0.1 blue ino cinnamon
12.5% 0.1 green pallid cinnamon
25.0% 0.1 green pallid cinnamon /blue
12.5% 0.1 blue pallid cinnamon

So here bird could actually be a blue pallidIno cinnamon cock bird, which will explain why the blue is so light as there are 3 factors that a making it light namely pallid, cinnamon and ino. But I could be wrong, just my guess as to what the parents and chick could be.

Also the other 4 chicks could be blue pallidIno cinnamon cock birds or blue ino cinnamon hens, but as I mentioned I could be wrong.

Thanks
Lushen
2014 Pairs
Green x Green
DGreen x DBlue
DE Blue/ino x DBlue
Grey/ino x Albino
Pallidino x Lutino
DE Blue Turq x Grey
DE Grey Turq x Blue
Greygreen/cinn x DE Blue Cinn
DE DBlue Turq x Blue Turq CHWT
Blue x DBlue Turq
Blue x Blue Pallid
Lutino/blue x Blue
AmyJoy

Post by AmyJoy »

Thank you!

This could be possible! My partner is going to be in the breeders area next week, so he is going to call in and ask to have a look at their pair as we lost their phone contact details. When I find out the definite colour of the parents I will let you guys know :D
McmillanBirds

Post by McmillanBirds »

Hi AmyJoy

Did you ever find out about the parents?

I recently bought a blue pallidino and creamino pair. I took 2 pictures but with my phone so they aren't perfectly clear. The blue pallidino looks albino besides a tinge of blue in certain lighting and he has a pale grey neckring, also his eyes are a pallids eyes, not an albinos.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I will take better pictures if you would like when I transfer them into an aviary.

Regards
Carmen
AmyJoy

Post by AmyJoy »

Thank you for the pictures! Better ones would be great if you get a chance :D
I haven't found out the parents yet as when my partner called in they weren't home. Hopefully we will be able to catch them soon as I really want to know :D
sheyd

Post by sheyd »

Wow, so interesting! I've heard of some Lutinos having blue eyes instead of red, I wonder if the same can also be true for Pallids?
AmyJoy

Post by AmyJoy »

Quite possibly :D ... I'm itching to find out my birds parents to make sure and I can't get hold of them! May have to resort to jumping over their fence :lol: