What mutation is Papez?

Moderator: Mods

-epo-

What mutation is Papez?

Post by -epo- »

Hello. I'm new to this website.I bought from a pet store a beautiful IRN 3 months ago, a nice green one.2 months after , i managed to make him act like a tame parrot,despite the fact he was an angry bird at the beginning!

I would really appreciate if someone could tell me what mutation is the bird,boy or girland his age also!

P.S.
1)A friend told me that his mutation is Cinnamon...Is he wrong?

2)I have no info about his age,but i believe that he-she is young , judging from the easy taming and the flaky(changing?) beak?

(All the pics except from the last two are taken in natural light)Image
Elphi

Re: What mutation is Papez?

Post by Elphi »

It is so beautiful!!
I dont know about the mutation, but it looks great!
For the sex, the best thing you can do is a DNA test
Psittacula krameri (Scopoli, 1769)... Incluida en el Catálogo Español de Especies Exóticas Invasoras.
myrka2004

Post by myrka2004 »

-epo- wrote:Hello. I'm new to this website.I bought from a pet store a beautiful IRN 3 months ago, a nice green one.2 months after , i managed to make him act like a tame parrot,despite the fact he was an angry bird at the beginning!

I would really appreciate if someone could tell me what mutation is the bird,boy or girland his age also!

P.S.
1)A friend told me that his mutation is Cinnamon...Is he wrong?

2)I have no info about his age,but i believe that he-she is young , judging from the easy taming and the flaky(changing?) beak?
Look like a Female to me...don't know mutation and age
SCB 22

Post by SCB 22 »

I'd say your friend is right on the colour.

Visually if you dont know the age, you cannot tell the sex, unless u want to wait the 3 years it can take for a males ring to come in, it is best to get it DNA sexed, but there will never be any way to tell the sex, unless it is a male, then you would know it is under 3 yrs of age as there is no sign of the ring.

Stunning birds though!