trying something different

Moderator: Mods

jarreds mutations

trying something different

Post by jarreds mutations »

today seen how my ringnecks got out yesterday, i went down to buy some more birds so i brought some rosellas. the one's i brought where:
a breeding pair of pale-headed rosellas
and also
a breeding pair of cinnamon eastern rosellas
and both have started prepairing the box and mating :D so ill get some money from them and buy some more ringnecks :D
smick

Re: trying something different

Post by smick »

Jarred,i have been breeding eastern rosella's for about twenty years,they are a great bird.i mainly breed lutino mutations. but last year bought a possible tripple split cock (lutino/cinnamon/red). i put this to a lutino hen,only one young that year a red hen,this hen i have put in with a lutino cock as this will give split red and lutino cocks and lutino hens.my aim is to one day breed rubino's.keep your eye on the pale head cock for aggression,i had a pair before and the cock was very aggresive and i've heard it's quite common with them.at work we regulary see cinnamon hens so there must be a wild split cock here.
jarreds mutations

Re: trying something different

Post by jarreds mutations »

yeah my male is agressive around the nest but today i brought another pair of blue western rosellas. they are a proven pair and i am looking forward to all my different types :)