Grey and silver

Moderator: Mods

LadyCalypso

Grey and silver

Post by LadyCalypso »

ok so I am soon getting a Silver male IRN and a Silver female along with a Grey male IRN and a greygreen female can any one tell me about these mutations and if there are any parings that will come out with different colors from these or if I will always get just grey and silver also what would be the best matings would it be to put the silvers together and the grey with the grey green etc Thank you for your comments it is much appreciated
Lushen1600

Re: Grey and silver

Post by Lushen1600 »

I would pair the grey male to the silver male to get these chicks

1.0 grey(sf) blue
x 0.1 grey(sf) blue cinnamon
% from all 1.0
25.0% 1.0 grey(df) blue /cinnamon
50.0% 1.0 grey(sf) blue /cinnamon
25.0% 1.0 blue /cinnamon
% from all 0.1
25.0% 0.1 grey(df) blue
50.0% 0.1 grey(sf) blue
25.0% 0.1 blue

Here you will get double factor grey split cinnamon, single factor grey split cinnamon and blue split cinnamon males chicks also double and single factor grey female chicks as well as blue female chicks

And pair the silver male to the greygreen female to get these results

1.0 grey(sf) blue cinnamon
x 0.1 grey(sf) green
% from all 1.0
25.0% 1.0 grey(df) green /blue cinnamon
50.0% 1.0 grey(sf) green /blue cinnamon
25.0% 1.0 green /blue cinnamon
% from all 0.1
25.0% 0.1 grey(df) green cinnamon /blue
50.0% 0.1 grey(sf) green cinnamon /blue
25.0% 0.1 green cinnamon /blue

here you will get greygreen split blue cinnamon males in double and single factors, and green male split blue cinnamon, also greygreen cinnamon split blue females both in single and double factors, as well as green cinnamon females splits blue

Thanks
Lushen
2014 Pairs
Green x Green
DGreen x DBlue
DE Blue/ino x DBlue
Grey/ino x Albino
Pallidino x Lutino
DE Blue Turq x Grey
DE Grey Turq x Blue
Greygreen/cinn x DE Blue Cinn
DE DBlue Turq x Blue Turq CHWT
Blue x DBlue Turq
Blue x Blue Pallid
Lutino/blue x Blue
LadyCalypso

Post by LadyCalypso »

Thanks i like those outcomes i will go with those pairings thanks so much for your input i will post picks when i get them here :)I
LadyCalypso

Post by LadyCalypso »

also I just needed some clarification on the name silver is this the same as a cinnamon grey? what about the ringnecks with the name fallow is this the same as cinnamon what is the difference of the Bronze fallow and the normal fallow? are all cinnamon's referred to as fallow and as for telling the difference of a double dark factor witch would be (df) right and a single dark factor (sf) how can I tell the difference in these? also what is a green cinnamon called now I am confused and having a hard time finding photos any info is appreciated Thanks and I am sorry if this has already been said on a different post I have been searching for the answers and pics all over but without the right names of the mutations how will I be able to find them :P Thanks for reading and helping a new breeder out this is only my second year breeding ringnecks so still a noobie lol
LadyCalypso

Post by LadyCalypso »

Hey everybody hope your holidays went well I was wondering can anyone clarify if this (1.0 grey(sf) green /blue cinnamon) is going to be a visual cinnamon or if it is just a grey green bird Please and Thank you
sheyd

Post by sheyd »

I was wondering can anyone clarify if this (1.0 grey(sf) green /blue cinnamon) is going to be a visual cinnamon or if it is just a grey green bird Please and Thank you
It is a visual GreyGreen bird, that's split to Cinnamon and Blue.
LadyCalypso

Post by LadyCalypso »

Thanks for your comment that is what I was thinking but not sure :)
willowisp71

Post by willowisp71 »

Also, to answer some of your other queries, yes you are correct, grey cinnamon is the correct name for silver. And no, it is not the same as fallow or bronze fallow, that is a different mutation from the grey cinnamon. I do not know enough about the fallow mutation though, to offer any more insight, sorry.
Regards Deb