mating alaxendrin parrots with IRN

Moderator: Mods

usman

mating alaxendrin parrots with IRN

Post by usman »

hey i just want to ask can i breed a IRN with Alaxendrin parrot? wat will b the result plz do tell me... i hv a blue n yellow IRN females n green alaxendrin parrot which i male...
madas

Re: mating alaxendrin parrots with IRN

Post by madas »

usman wrote:hey i just want to ask can i breed a IRN with Alaxendrin parrot?
No you can't. ;)

madas
usman

Post by usman »

y nt??
madas

Post by madas »

usman wrote:y nt??
Because they are two distinct species which shouldn't be mixed.

madas
usman

Post by usman »

oky but how can i get Alex mutations the? i hv seen the blue n yellow Alex mutations??
usman

Post by usman »

thnx guyz that was helpfull... nw im on mission to find blue alex ;)
ellieelectrons

Post by ellieelectrons »

In Australia I believe it is illegal to interbreed species of native birds. It may also be illegal to interbreed species of non native ones. I am yet to hear a reputable breeder recommending it be done and if you are contemplating it you should check the laws in your area.

Ellie.
myrka2004

Post by myrka2004 »

usman wrote:hey i just want to ask can i breed a IRN with Alaxendrin parrot? wat will b the result plz do tell me... i hv a blue n yellow IRN females n green alaxendrin parrot which i male...
You will have hybrid Alex babies with patches ... and babies will be 50% blue or yellow and 50% green from Alex.
and they all be hybrids.
usman

Post by usman »

oky guyz one more question? wat can i do to hv a blue or yellow Alex chicks?i mean hw can i mutate ? i want to do it myself... tell me the procedure it will b very helpfull thnx.
Tartan ringnecks

Post by Tartan ringnecks »

You will have to bye a pure Alex mutation to breed with so do you won't to breed Lutino
do you won't blue ?
In the uk a Lutino hen will cost you about £1000 blue hen £2200
A Lutino cock will be £2000.blue cock £3200

You also can use split birds that will make it cheaper but you will
Get more possible from this and also you have to trust the breed
That thy are split for the mutation in the first place .
Kev
Johan S

Post by Johan S »

usman wrote:oky guyz one more question? wat can i do to hv a blue or yellow Alex chicks?i mean hw can i mutate ? i want to do it myself... tell me the procedure it will b very helpfull thnx.
You can't create new mutations, unless perhaps you have some nuclear waste lying around. Mutations are Mother Nature's experiments, not ours. We can simply manage these experiments to isolate the mutants. And therefore we have the responsibility to do it properly. There is no reason to create these hybrids, as the true to kind, natural mutations already exist!

I think the ONLY time that it should be allowed is when a species is identified as the very last of it's kind. Then one can try to conserve the genetic material by hybridization and then inbreeding. It's not ideal, though. I know of such a project in the plant world, where a single Enchepelartos Woodii male was found in Kwa-Zulu Natal, South Africa. There is currently a project to create female hybrids of E. Woodii and E. Natalensis to be polinated again by the original E. Woodii pollen. Unfortunately, with these cycads taking 15+ years to mature, I doubt we'll see the end result in our lifetime. As far as my knowledge goes, currently third generation backcross seedlings have started te emerge. Coming back to parrots, in the 80's/90's there was an amazon parrot species cock bird in the San Diego Zoo, being the last of it's kind. I wouldn't have had a problem if that bird was used to create hybrids.