global communtiy

Moderator: Mods

arrow1island

global communtiy

Post by arrow1island »

testing testing, where is everyone located
Last edited by arrow1island on Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:20 am, edited 6 times in total.
Molossus2

Re: Purple ringneck

Post by Molossus2 »

Depends on how you see the violets..ie as a shade of blue.
And purple as a shade of???
Johan S

Post by Johan S »

Hi arrow1island, here is the picture you are referring to. I am very curious, how much more purple do you want the bird to be? That is a good quality violet right there. :?: I have seen violet IRNs in South Africa where you really need to be creative and imaginative to convince yourself it is violet. They look like cobalts, yet the breeders swear they are violet.

arrow1island

Re:

Post by arrow1island »

there are some cool internet photos out there
Last edited by arrow1island on Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:41 am, edited 4 times in total.
Johan S

Post by Johan S »

arrow1island, where is "here"? Maybe somebody on the forum can help out.
JURGENG

Post by JURGENG »

Hello

I think may be it is a violetcobalt these birds are much darker than the violets and have more a purple look

kindest regards
arrow1island

Post by arrow1island »

ok this looks nice
Last edited by arrow1island on Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dan Cell

Post by Dan Cell »

Guys I dont think its a Violetcobalt, because I own a Violetcobalt and it does not look like this bird. The Violetcobalt IRN has kinda got some grey colouring to it. I'm not really sure but I think there is a Cinnamon factor to this bird.

Dan Cell :?
Johan S

Post by Johan S »

Agreed with Dan, and disagree with Dan. I don't think this is a violetcobalt, but I also don't think that cinnamon is involved. Looks like a very good quality SF violet, or a decent DF violet.
*kimi*

Post by *kimi* »

There looks like other really purplish birds on this website

http://www.halsbandsittichmutationen.de ... c=1&page=0

that link shows a violet cobalt, I think, well it's in another language, so It could be something different to in Australia. I feel the same that I wish I knew how to get this type of purple it's beautiful, so If anyone in Australia is breeding this colour, we would love to know what the actual genetics are.
Johan S

Re: global communtiy

Post by Johan S »

Kimi, the owner of that website is a very knowledgeable aviculturist.

I would like to know 2 things:
1) How on earth did they manage to get the lighting so perfect for those pictures? Was a filter involved?
2) Would I be correct when I say that the bird at the top of the website is a cobaltviolet?

Madas, maybe you can assist with some insider knowledge. :wink:
madas

Post by madas »

*kimi* wrote:There looks like other really purplish birds on this website

http://www.halsbandsittichmutationen.de ... c=1&page=0

that link shows a violet cobalt, I think, well it's in another language, so It could be something different to in Australia. I feel the same that I wish I knew how to get this type of purple it's beautiful, so If anyone in Australia is breeding this colour, we would love to know what the actual genetics are.
Yeah, this is my website. An updated version will be soon published. But don't expect ot much. :D

madas
madas

Re: global communtiy

Post by madas »

Johan S wrote:Kimi, the owner of that website is a very knowledgeable aviculturist.

I would like to know 2 things:
1) How on earth did they manage to get the lighting so perfect for those pictures? Was a filter involved?
2) Would I be correct when I say that the bird at the top of the website is a cobaltviolet?

Madas, maybe you can assist with some insider knowledge. :wink:
The bird in the pic posted by you in deed look very unnatural. To purple for my eyes.
Regarding your first question: The pic which kimi linked from my website shows a violet cobalt beside a violetblue. It was taken on an bird exhibition here in germany. Unfortunately my camera had some kind of damage. All the pics i have taken there have a "red spot". Best seen in the birds environment or pic background.
Regarding your second question: No it's a violet blue female split for cleartail. But she is one of a darker breeding line.

madas