Please clear this up for me!

Moderator: Mods

Kiki22

Please clear this up for me!

Post by Kiki22 »

HI, I am having a really hard time trying to find out what the difference is between a grey green and an olive ringneck. All the websites I have been to don't give enough of a description on the different colourings and even when I look at pics, my bird looks like the olives and the grey greens as well! lol Basically, I just want to know what I have as the bird in question has now bonded with a creamino female and I am wondering what colours they may produce if successful. He is olive green in colour and quite yellow under his tail and wings. The top of his outer wing feathers are quite dark - like deep olive. (I am using the term olive to describe his colour, I am aware it may be "grey green"). If any one can shed some light on what the difference is and knows what this colouring with a creamino would most likely produce that would be wonderful! Thank you.
Kiki22

Re: Please clear this up for me!

Post by Kiki22 »

UPDATE:

I have found out from another site that my bird is a grey green. For anyone interested, an olive apparently has dark blue tail and flight feathers, grey green has yellow. So...any chance a grey green and a creamino will have other colour chicks besides green? I will be happy with green because my special IRN who has bonded 2 me is a green so I have a soft spot :) but I was just curious.
ad1671

Post by ad1671 »

Kiki22 wrote:UPDATE:

I have found out from another site that my bird is a grey green. For anyone interested, an olive apparently has dark blue tail and flight feathers, grey green has yellow. So...any chance a grey green and a creamino will have other colour chicks besides green? I will be happy with green because my special IRN who has bonded 2 me is a green so I have a soft spot :) but I was just curious.

Sometimes greygreen is erroneously referred to as olive. Olive is actually used for double darkfactored birds in the green-series. Darkgreen has a single darkfactor; Olive has a double darkfactor. The tail and flight feathers are olive with dark blue tinge which differs from the Greygreen. Greygreens have dark grey, almost black, tail and flight feathers. (from wanadoo/psittacula/mutations)

these are the possible chicks your pair would produce assuming that the greygreen is the cock and that both carry no splits...

1.0 grey(sf) green x 0.1 turquoise(parblue)Blue ino

% from all 1.0
25.0% 1.0 grey(sf) green /turquoise(parblue) ino
25.0% 1.0 green /turquoise(parblue) ino
25.0% 1.0 grey(sf) green /blue ino
25.0% 1.0 green /blue ino
% from all 0.1
25.0% 0.1 grey(sf) green /turquoise(parblue)
25.0% 0.1 green /turquoise(parblue)
25.0% 0.1 grey(sf) green /blue
25.0% 0.1 green /blue
Molossus2

Post by Molossus2 »

The tail of the grey green is grey black as opposed to the olive that has a cobalt blue tail.
Sherjil

Post by Sherjil »

Please refer to below link , which contains snap shots of both mutations :-

http://birdsplanet.com/forum/showthread ... post125071

hope it will help.