Best possible pairings??

Moderator: Mods

McmillanBirds

Best possible pairings??

Post by McmillanBirds »

Hi all :)

I would really appreciate anyones input into what the best possible pairings would be for:

Lime pallid female &
Turquoise blue/possibly cinnamon male

I know that to pair these two together would not be a good match. They are both just over a year old and by finding out now what would be best to pair to them will give me a chance to find the mutations I need.

Thanks in advance

Carmen
Molossus2

Re: Best possible pairings??

Post by Molossus2 »

Problem with such a query is the personal preference factor and the range available to you. What can you tell us ?
McmillanBirds

Post by McmillanBirds »

Hi Molossus2
I have no particular colour prefrences but I am trying to steer clear of your standard green. I am keen to start trying for different colours than your basic solids.
I admit my budget is not large so I generally search for quite a while before I find something in my price range.
I am based in Pietermaritzburg, South Africa.
Molossus2

Post by Molossus2 »

Can you get your hands on cobalt and violet greens this will give you anentire world of colors to work with.you will breed a myriad of colors through pairing these with the two birds you have.
I live in S A too. Durban and practically your neighbor :mrgreen:
McmillanBirds

Post by McmillanBirds »

Thanks so much:-) I will definately keep my eyes out and start saving. We are almost neighbors Molossus2. Although I don't go to dbn very often:-)
Regards
Carmen
Johan S

Post by Johan S »

@Carmen: Molossus, is spot on with the advice. If your budget is stretched, then the dark factor (cobalt) is a good starting point to advance/improve your breeding stock. If you can (at all), a violet bird is a good bet as well. It is a good base mutation for mutation combinations and you will definitely get a return on investment.
McmillanBirds

Post by McmillanBirds »

Thanks Johan
I am definately going to be doing that
Molossus2

Post by Molossus2 »

Macbirds,
Come over for a visit and we can discuss breeding plans.
Regards,
SCB -SA

Post by SCB -SA »

Glad to know I am not the only Durban breeder here!!! Molossus, what colours do you breed? I recently downsized right to 2 birds (and know i will only get green chicks from them) and I am wanting to get myself another baby once the season starts, as my beautiful blue hand reared baby accidently got let out whilst I was at work, and she flew away, (although her wings were clipped, they had grown out more than i thought)!!!
McmillanBirds

Post by McmillanBirds »

Sorry for my late reply, Molossus I would really like that. Maybe we can arrange for during the July school holidays, I work at a school so will have some time off then.
Sorry about your blue baby SCB-SA, its amazing how fast their wings do grow after clipping.
Molossus2

Post by Molossus2 »

Hi Scb and Mac,
Good to hear from you. I do not have many ring necks and favor the alexandrine to them. You can check out my website www.alexandrinemutations.co.za and can contact me thru this.
Regards andGodbless.